PDA

View Full Version : Hello.......

ncowan
08-04-07, 16:32
Hi,

My name is Nicola and I'm a 37 year old mother of one.

I've been suffering anxiety and depression over the past three years and am currently going through a bad patch.

It would be nice to hear from others in similar situations as I just feel so alone. My husband, friends and family are excellent but none of them really understand.

I really worry about my health and suffer from terrible panic attacks even though rationally I know what they are and can sometimes stop them. I was even admitted to hospital before Christmas as I actually thought I was having a heart attack and had all the symptoms but they couldn't find anything - this was when I was officially diagnosed with anxiety.

Am taking 60mg of prozac but wonder if it is working fully? Shouldn't I feel okay all of the time when I'm on medication?

Sorry if it all seems a bit disjointed but I'm nervous about posting as it is something I haven't done before.

Love to hear from you.

Nicola xxx

yorkylover
08-04-07, 16:42
Hi and :welcome: to no panic.You will get lots of support here.Your not alone.:hugs:

honeybee3939
08-04-07, 16:48
Hi Nicola

And welcome to NMP, lovely to see you here, im sure you will find lots of great advice while making new friends on the way.:)
Take a look at the Symptoms ,First Step and How to Cope Links which are sittuated at the left hand side of this page, you will find them of interest.

Also Nicola if you put the word Prozac in the search facility at the top of this page, you will find lots of posts about this medication also.

Hope that helps

Hugs:hugs: :hugs:

Andrea
xxxxx

trac67
08-04-07, 17:04
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

SANDYJANE
08-04-07, 18:51
Hi and a big welcome

love sandy xx

sarah1984
08-04-07, 20:16
Hello and welcome!

I guess it depends on how long you've been taking the Prozac for-most anti-depressants take 4 to 6 weeks before you begin to see improvement, and from personal experience (I've been on them for 7 years!!) a full six months before you see the full effect. Prozac's a very successful anti-depressant but I'm not sure how useful it is for anxiety. Are you receiving any other form of support? Anti-depressants can really help relieve anxiety but they won't take it away altogether. Doing some research into health anxiety and asking about the possibility of CBT/counselling could be useful.
Take Care x

nomorepanic
08-04-07, 20:42
Hi Nicola

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

I was on Prozac for 9 months but it didn't help my panic attacks atall.

kate
08-04-07, 22:40
Hi Nicola,

Welcome to the forum.

Kate

manmoor
08-04-07, 23:31
Hi Nicola,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

ncowan
09-04-07, 19:47
Thanks for the warm welcome.

It gives me some comfort to know I'm no going through this alone and other people do actually understand.

Nicola xxx

eastender
09-04-07, 22:11
Hi Nicola
Welcome to NMP, on Prozac about 6 weeks here too for anxiety, seems to help a bit I think!

jo61
10-04-07, 09:51
Hi Nicola, you're very welcome here. Sorry to hear you're going through a bad patch but you'll get lots of help here.

Pink Princess
11-04-07, 01:27
hey nicola, welcome tot he site, hope you make friends here, speak soon. take kare xxxxx