PDA

View Full Version : can chronic anxiety affect the heart

meg234
09-12-16, 23:41
Ive suffered from extreme anxiety/panic attacks for years now. worried about the effect it might have had on my heart? im afraid my heart has been affected from all the adrenaline i have put on it for so long, i was sent for tests as my heart was over 140 at doctors before and they did an ecg which was normal but very fast. i did a holter for 24 hours and that said sinus rhythm with ectopics..this is really worrying me im 21

Devyn
10-12-16, 01:09
nothing bad can happen to your heart from just anxiety, it only is MAYBE a problem if you already have an underlying medical issue.. even then its rare, but CAN aggravate symptoms.

---------- Post added at 20:09 ---------- Previous post was at 20:08 ----------

by the way, ectopics are normal. everyone has them but some are more aware of it than others. did your doctor tell you how many PVC's or PAC's you got during that 24 hour period?

Fishmanpa
10-12-16, 02:07
You would have to have pre-existing conditions in order for stress to be detrimental. ...

At 21?... nope... not in the least.. nada... no way... absolutely not, most certainly not... of course not... under no circumstances... by no means... not at all... negative... never... uh-uh... nah... not on your life... no way... no way José

Positive thoughts