PDA

View Full Version : Terrible time with health anxiety

jessicalittler79
10-12-16, 16:29
Hello all , most of you know me as ive been a member for almost 9 years i suffer badly with health anxiety and panic attacks daily. .anyhow i had a baby 10 months ago and everything has seem to go very bad and downhill for me after he was born i got very i mean very badly depression it lasted 3 months andi lost loads of weight couldn't eat at all i didnt even shower the the health anx kicked into high gear i was going to the hospital daily begging them to help me doctors appointment and test after test to never be able to find nothing wrong. ..well it started to get better after i was put on beta blockers and some ativan i was so happy i got threw it ...but then my gallbladder goes bad and the worse fear in my life i had to have surgery so here goes the panic again i managed to get the surgey done and i thought good now i can move on well not so fast as the depression and anxiety came bad again do off to the hospital and doc i fo for them to tell me after surgery some ppl do develop depression and anxiety oh great i thought here we go again...but then month later i started feeling better ...but now i just feel ran down and back to thinking i am dying slowly of something they aren't finding yet...so i found a new doc she is great and listen to me ..back up years ( my sister death 9 years ago started my health anx) but now i cant leave the house and i am scared to move off the couch i cant do anything with my kids because of this ..i started to get optical migraines where i dont get head pain only zig zag lines and blurry and flashes lasted 20 min each well i got 4 of this over the weekend i swear i was haven a stroke off to the doctors i go for her to say she will scan me but felt it not nessassry and would be over testing so said it was not a stroke. . where do i go from here i am so scared i cant live this way anymore wasted to many years. ...i am haven hot flashes ..dizzyness..pressure in head...tight chest..fast heart..feel like i cant breathe allday...weak legs i feel i will colaspe. ..i really have a huge list but i will not go on ..but please tell me if this can get better and i will not live this way forever ..i try to ignore it and it dont help i cant really go out house fpr therapy because i panic to leave any suggestion would help thanks

---------- Post added at 11:29 ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 ----------

Sorry few more things. .i do have a neurologist i have seen for head pressure but not for a couple of year's had a mri and a mra done al was ok..went to emergency room 2x and had a ct scan done 2 x but again this was 3 years ago..i also have a heart doctor who i have seen for 6 years now with yearly vists to him all ok there ..i went years running to the doctors and begging for test i dont wanna be that girl anymore but is it possible to have things brain related pop up in the last 3 years to make me need more scans or should i go back and tell him alot has changed and i feel very bad idk just a thought

Ceri78
11-12-16, 12:42
Hi jess,sorry no words of wisdom here but just want to say your not alone i too am 10 months postpartum and had emergency open appendectomy 8 wks after giving birth and I've not been myself since. Health anxiety at all times high with one thing after another I find it hard to cope just wish I was normal! Take care big hugs xxx:hugs:

LE
12-12-16, 02:50
Hi

I'm sorry you are feeling so rubbish. You are not alone. I am 11 weeks post natal with my 3rd baby's and I'm having a hell of a time with health anxiety too.

-all of the things you describe can very much be hormones and anxiety. Also if you are not eating properly this will cause these things too. After my middle baby I had hot flashes, night sweats and dizziness. This time I have different symptoms including chills!

It's easy to be rational when it's not yourself but you have had so many tests and something would have shown up. Our bodies are having a hard time getting back to 'normal' and I think for us we are so hyper aware of the minute changes or sensations that we notice everything and of course suspect its sinister. Xx