PDA

View Full Version : Weight Gain - How much is normal?

Louanne
10-12-16, 22:40
I only ask because I have put on around half a stone the last few weeks.

I have eaten snacks most nights and snacked at work so it's a given but I have a gnawing in the back of my mind that wonders whether this weight gain is related to an illness. :shrug:

I don't look as though I've put on weight and my clothes aren't tighter but the scales show a plus of 5lbs! I tend to fluctuate up and down around 57kg to 60kg.

Maybe I just need a big poo :roflmao::scared15:

NancyW
11-12-16, 02:01
You could always track your calories and this will give you a very good picture of just how much you are snacking..

EKB
11-12-16, 11:09
Your weight can fluctuate 5lbs easily, even in a single day. Water retention from normal hormonal fluctuations or eating salty foods is a common culprit.

Weight gain/loss is usually not a primary symptom of an illness, and when it's the result of an illness it's usually clearly without explanation and enough to need to change your clothing sizes.

A big poo usually helps too ;) :laugh:

Louanne
14-12-16, 19:27
Bump

Me again, still worrying and become too concerned with this, it's becoming boring!

I am by no means overweight, I sit nicely in the middle of my BMI. But I seem to vary between up and down a few pounds within hours! I have gained a few lbs for definite since a recent lifestyle change. I have moved in with my sister and we eat more (She is a feeder haha) eat late and I go to bed late (no trouble sleeping and refreshed after 6 hours) so the reasons are there in black and white but I worry and it won't leave me be.:mad:

Edit: nobody else thinks I have gained weight
---------- Post added at 19:27 ---------- Previous post was at 19:25 ----------

Thank you for your replies already.

Fishmanpa
14-12-16, 20:06
That's not a lot of weight gain! You're snacking during the day and at night too so C'mon now :) I've gained and lost that amount in a day. Thanksgiving weekend alone I probably put on 5 pounds!

Positive thoughts

Sphincterclench
14-12-16, 22:54
For me once I started taking meds, I put on 20lbs pretty fast, but all I wanted to do was eat.