PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I have PTSD and poss ?agoraphobia

Rosanna
11-12-16, 00:23
Hi everyone

I have been diagnosed from PTSD from a traumatic and life changing event (not warfare in my case, civilian) and I also seem agoraphobic with it. I seem to be reasonably ok if I keep to a routine. I can't seem to cope with any change to my weekly routine at the moment.

I have to travel tomorrow which is freaking me out, lol. Its only 4 hours on a train and a hotel stay, a meeting the next day and that's it, then home, but I'm pretty overwhelmed.

I tend to be quite good in between anxious states and hopefully I can offer a lot of support for others too.

venusbluejeans
11-12-16, 00:29
Hiya Rosanna and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Rosanna
11-12-16, 00:30
Thanks venusbluejeans, the articles are likely to be very helpful on my journey.

randomforeigner
11-12-16, 05:32
Before you go, take screen shots on your mobile from the Google maps, so you know your way around when you arrive at your destination. You might also find it helpful to check out on the internet, in advance, what platform your train will arrive at, and leave from. If it's a big station, there might be maps over the station itself. Calling the hotel in advance and say what time you arrive might be a good idea.

I recently had to stand outside a locked hotel it proved they were closed between around 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. which I had failed to check, there was an emergency number on the door so everything got itself sorted out but still, standing outside with a big bag, which I wanted to leave at the hotel, and a meeting on schedule at 2 p.m. - not so fun.

Can't help wondering where you're going, what city it is, but that's just me wondering a little... if it's a big city and you'd have to go on a local bus or tube train, it might be wise to check out in advance what app you're supposed to use for paying for your bus fare or ticket and download it to your phone today, if that's an option. Otherwise it might be possible to pay by credit card once you're there. The hotel would know of all these issues, of course.

You can of course do the checking and calling from the train too, since you have four hours there's plenty of time.