PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone ever took valium with antihistamine?

Petesy
11-12-16, 03:05
Hi everyone

I had an allergic reaction to a hair dye product and had to take an antihistamine 2hrs ago i was just wondering if it's safe to take a 2mg diazepam also because I'm getting really worked up and can feel a panic attack looming?

Thanks

Petesy :unsure:

---------- Post added at 01:15 ---------- Previous post was at 00:50 ----------

Anyone??? I have the fear real bad here :scared15:

---------- Post added at 02:07 ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 ----------

Now I'm having a panic attack!! And have something that can take it away in 10 mins but I'm afraid to take it because I've took an antihistamine 🙈🙈🙈🙈

---------- Post added at 02:10 ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 ----------

Please help someone?

---------- Post added at 03:03 ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 ----------

Wow this is ongoing attack after attack i feel like curling up in a ball right now!!

---------- Post added at 03:05 ---------- Previous post was at 03:03 ----------

I never get use to these massive attacks after all these years ������

swgrl09
11-12-16, 03:15
Hey Petesy, keep in mind that for a lot of members here it is like the middle of the night (The UK people).

What antihistamine did you take? I think the only danger would be being very tired, but I'm not a doctor. I used to be on a daily antihistamine for allergies and took diazepam 2 mg as needed at night. I never had any issues.

MyNameIsTerry
11-12-16, 03:34
If you know the name of the antihistamine, go to Drugs.com and click on the interaction checker. That will tell you about any known interactions.

Just be aware that is a site for medical professionals too so any interactions listed won't take into account how an anxiety sufferer may overreact to them when they may not be as serious as you think.

Otherwise post the antihistamine on here and I could check to see if anything is mentioned.

Buster70
11-12-16, 12:26
Hi , I took both off and on for a few years with no problem , there are two antihistamines one with citirezene that will make you drowsy loretodine won't , docs have ok'd me taking both , just don't do it if you are driving , take care

Petesy
11-12-16, 14:30
The antihistamines are called pirotin (chlorphenamine maleate) i feel like s#*t.. Thanks for your replies guy's i appreciate it.. Panic attack after panic attack must've worn me out.. My face has broken out in raised bumps on the chin area.. I'll try sudocrem and these pirotin to stop the itching.. Had too shave my full beard off been growing it since the week before November for cancer and decided to keep it because my fiancee liked it until i dyed it :doh:

Thank you all

Petesy