PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have anything similar?

Sam_dh
12-12-16, 03:17
Hi, I just wondered if anyone has ever hand any similar symptoms.
The odd time I'll get a weird sensation in my throat, that's anxiety. But it usually goes after an hour.
Last Friday I got that sensation and it hasn't gone since.
As well as the sensation in my throat I also am getting weird sensations all around the roof of my mouth, my mouth, teeth, and sometimes nose.
Also the back of my neck and shoulders feel tense.
Because I'm constantly focusing on it to see if it's gone away, I'm always noticing it.
I just wondered if anyone has any advice?
Or why I feel like this?

Thanks

Lakme
12-12-16, 05:55
Hi, I just wondered if anyone has ever hand any similar symptoms.
The odd time I'll get a weird sensation in my throat, that's anxiety. But it usually goes after an hour.
Last Friday I got that sensation and it hasn't gone since.
As well as the sensation in my throat I also am getting weird sensations all around the roof of my mouth, my mouth, teeth, and sometimes nose.
Also the back of my neck and shoulders feel tense.
Because I'm constantly focusing on it to see if it's gone away, I'm always noticing it.
I just wondered if anyone has any advice?
Or why I feel like this?

Thanks

Yes. My anxiety began after a bout of food poisoning. I began to have severe neck pain and I started to become obsessed with the idea that I was terminally ill. Also I was having something similar to what you've been experiencing recently with your throat. I had this burning feeling that made me cough a couple weeks ago but as soon as I started taking medication it went away.

From what I understand, anxiety related pain is very common in people like us. Especially in the shoulders, neck or back.

I also get a cold feeling that surges throughout my body whenever I don't take medication. It's very scary. The worst thing about anxiety is that it can cause symptoms that will make you think it isn't anxiety, and you will get fooled a lot. Trust me.