PDA

View Full Version : Hearing a buzzing sound (may trigger)

Bonnibelle
12-12-16, 11:44
I feel so silly posting this but it has caused me to feel very sick and anxious and I admit I need some reassurance.

My anxiety has been a little up and down the last 3 weeks, all because I feel under pressure to be perfect for Christmas. My health has been up and down all year, I have had chronic fatigue because of my underactive thyroid and with that I became anxious again and agoraphobic. I am working on things now but of course feel overwhelmed I have to visit lots of people and attend school concerts this week.

3 weeks ago I was walking my dog, feeling fine. I got home, closed the door behind me when I suddenly heard a loud buzzing like a bee was in the room right by me. I ran quickly thinking it was on my hair but when i stopped i couldn't hear anything, I checked the room frantic worried I'd heard something that wasn't real. It spiked my anxiety and I feared I was hearing things. After that day I forgot it.

I had a nice calm weekend then last night after being out delivering cards I came home and took my ear muffs off that I'd had on for a few hours. My ears felt bare, cold and sensitive to sound. When I got in bed the tv was on, kids chatting and my son had YouTube on loud next door in his bedroom. I suddenly in my left ear (which was towards the wall between our bedrooms) heard a vibration or buzzing sound. My husband didn't hear it and I panicked inside. My ears became super sensitive and tight, even today they feel they're tight and pulsing. Super sensitive feeling.

I went into my sons room and asked what he was playing, he was playing some loud video with stupid vibration noises and lads screaming, typical teenage rubbish they watch these days :D

It's spiked me bad and reminded me of 3 weeks ago. I am worried this is what they mean by hearing things and I feel sick and afraid. Urgh, I really don't need this day before my daughters concert. I keep worrying is this setback worse than I thought and am I hearing things. My husband and friend said no that isn't what you hear with mental illness audio hallucinations, but I am worrying you can hear things. My husband said I just heard my sons videos through the wall, and 3 weeks ago there was probably a fly in the room but i couldn't find it.

Sorry to post, can anyone reassure me? it's making me feel sick today with fear:blush: I am embarrassed to admit.

Kuatir
12-12-16, 12:03
I have it, a temporary buzzing sound that comes and goes from time to time. It is anxiety. Just another strange symptom to add to the list. It is not that you are hearing things that are not there, the buzzing definitely exists.

Bonnibelle
12-12-16, 12:08
I have it, a temporary buzzing sound that comes and goes from time to time. It is anxiety. Just another strange symptom to add to the list. It is not that you are hearing things that are not there, the buzzing definitely exists.

Thank you so much. It scared me thats what they mean by hearing things and it gave me such a rush pf panic, that even today I feel shaken and ears feel super sensitive.

Kuatir
12-12-16, 13:06
I remember flying into a panic one day because I walked into the kitchen and heard a buzz. I spent ages looking for this non-existent fly/wasp/bee/whatever. So I get where you are coming from!

Bonnibelle
12-12-16, 14:43
I remember flying into a panic one day because I walked into the kitchen and heard a buzz. I spent ages looking for this non-existent fly/wasp/bee/whatever. So I get where you are coming from!
Thank you :)

viking111
12-12-16, 21:08
It's known as tinnitus. I have it due to exposure to loud sound and it seems to get worse when I get more anxious. Anyways, nothing so concerning.

kdf123
12-12-16, 22:23
I get buzzing / tinnitus when I'm stressed/anxious it's a common symptom that disappears as quick as it comes, just try and ignore it

Stecakes
13-12-16, 00:21
I had this last month, and convinced myself there was an insect in my ear
poured olive oil in my ear and sat my head side on for 5 mins to drown it
turned out to be tinnitus