PDA

View Full Version : Urination annoyance

DaveCH
12-12-16, 15:33
I have had frequent urination before as in I have to rush to the toilet and pee loads of clear urine it as if my body just wants to get rid of it. It doesn't happen at night which is s good thing and I have had this before and had prostate checked a blood test for psa kidneys diabetes everything and s camera in my bladder and it went away as I knew it was anxiety but I have felt very panicky over the last four or five days and I'm obsessed with my urination frequency and the panic peeing is back but why can I accept it's anxiety and move on and forget about it. I have been of my anxiety meds for three weeks because I had been doing great so hopefully this rise in anxiety is part of the Withdrawl. Any advice or reassurance is welcome

damo123ie
12-12-16, 18:58
Hi There.

I was in your situation last year. Same symptoms, same battery of tests, same opinion of the medical people. "There is nothing wrong with your kidneys or bladder". Like yours, my frequent urination went away.

Have you considered the time of year or seasonal effects? In the winter time when things get cold and chilled our bodies have to react differently to preserve heat and keep us warm. This will affect various bodily systems such as the urinary system which will then naturally excrete more to preserve blood pressure at usual levels and keep the body in its optimal thermal state. We sweat far less in the winter so again this will increase urine output compared to the summer. Last week I did a lot of running in ice-cold weather and my urinary output definitely went up. I also had a long train journey the following day in a very warm carriage for 7 hours and I didn't look to urinate once.

Could it be that you are reacting to a natural increase in urinary output due to the time of year and this is causing you to become more anxious?

Cheers

jessieblue
29-12-16, 15:30
Hi There, I just wanted to say I am in the same position as you right now. I am troubled by bladder problems linked to anxiety. I know this and yet it still freaks me out when it happens. I recenlty did have a uti that needed 2 lots of antinbiotics to clear. I had US scan and cystoscopy to as I was worried about blood in my urine. All was ok and still every few days I get the constant peeing thing. Today I need to go lie every half hour but make myself wait til an hour at least. This means it is constantly on my mind and I cannot thin of anything else. Other times it has happened and will go off by the evening. I ususally sleep ok, maybe get up once to pee. I definitely think it is an obsessive thing with me now because i am so aware of my bladder sensations and am a victim to them. Hope you can overcome yours. I am fairly sure its an anxiety thing although convincing myself when its happening is pretty hard.