PDA

View Full Version : No light at the end of my tunnel

katyfitz
12-12-16, 19:50
I know you're all going to think how often I post here and probs des up of me but I need to talk to someone/people who understand me.
Literally everyday my stomach plays up. If I eat late at night I'll wake up with an awful feeling in my tummy and sulphur (eggy) burps and just uncomfortable. I can no longer eat what I used to eat and for me that's not normal, I can't get my head around it. I get constant gassy feelings and bubbling in stomach, wierd embarrassing noises and I'm absolutely convinced it's either stomach or bowel cancer progressing. I don't know what my toilet habit will Ben from day to day. I'm looking st everyone enjoying Christmas and for me I'm just not able to think about it as I'm scared I'll spend it in hospital.
Every morning when I wake (I'm even not sleeping well) I think will today be the last day I can hack it. 'Have it's my appendix or gallstones. Literally at the end of my teather.

Thanks for reading

nomorepanic
12-12-16, 20:18
Have you seen a doctor?

It could just be IBS and nothing more sinister.

Sparkling_Fairy
12-12-16, 20:23
I've had a gassy stomach and major burping for a year now. Since my anxiety started.
What I found in the last few weeks that really works for me, is eating slowly. Putting my fork down between every bite, and chewing consciously.
I eat in front of the TV, and I found I was eating fast in order to get some food down, but with that also inhaling a lot of air. Which makes your stomach very gassy.
I don't know how you eat or how fast you eat, but doing something as simple as eating slower could already make great improvements.

katyfitz
12-12-16, 20:39
The dr did diagnose ibs but I don't think enough tests have been done

nomorepanic
12-12-16, 21:03
What tests have been done then and what tests are you thinking you need?

katyfitz
12-12-16, 21:07
Had bloods done for my thyroid, anemia, renal, and inflammation. All came back fine. Maybe I need a colonoscopy or something

nomorepanic
12-12-16, 21:14
They will only do that if they think it is necessary to be honest and it is not a nice thing to go through.

katyfitz
12-12-16, 21:26
I just don't know what else to think or do

Lakme
13-12-16, 01:58
I know you're all going to think how often I post here and probs des up of me but I need to talk to someone/people who understand me.
Literally everyday my stomach plays up. If I eat late at night I'll wake up with an awful feeling in my tummy and sulphur (eggy) burps and just uncomfortable. I can no longer eat what I used to eat and for me that's not normal, I can't get my head around it. I get constant gassy feelings and bubbling in stomach, wierd embarrassing noises and I'm absolutely convinced it's either stomach or bowel cancer progressing. I don't know what my toilet habit will Ben from day to day. I'm looking st everyone enjoying Christmas and for me I'm just not able to think about it as I'm scared I'll spend it in hospital.
Every morning when I wake (I'm even not sleeping well) I think will today be the last day I can hack it. 'Have it's my appendix or gallstones. Literally at the end of my teather.

Thanks for reading

Man I would kill for your symptoms. I've been losing weight like crazy because my bowels get so inflamed when I'm not on antidepressants. I feel the exact same as you do. The feeling of dread and everything else that comes along with it. You're not alone. I've been feeling the pain, hearing the gas, worrying myself sick. It's all the anxiety. It's more than likely that if you go to a doctor, they'll look at you like you're crazy and prescribe you some antidepressants. I know because it's happened to me several times within the past few months. It's a vicious circle. Ask anyone with serious anxiety. You're going to be here along with the rest of us. Don't allow it to get to you, because that's how it gets you. Once you're in the circle it's very hard to get out. Try to make some time for your doc, tell them EXACTLY how you feel. They might look at you in a weird way but don't allow this to deter you. Every last bit. They will understand that your symptoms are making you scared and provide every possible solution for you, including medication to control your anxiety.

SLA
13-12-16, 08:56
Katy, looking at all of your posts it is obvious you are stuck in a downward spiral, and are not making any progress.

The Doctors have been unable to convince you that its just IBS, and we cannot provide any more than they can.

So my question is this... what kind of thing do you think will help you feel better and start moving on? In an ideal world what would happen?

Fishmanpa
13-12-16, 09:18
I just don't know what else to think or do

A start would be to believe the doctors, modify your diet and eating habits to reflect the fact you have IBS and changes need to be made. Of course if you eat late you're going to pay the price and of course you can't eat like you used to. Welcome to life and getting older! To top it off, your anxiety is just exasperating the situation so getting help for that would also help treat the stomach issues you're experiencing.

Positive thoughts

NoraB
13-12-16, 09:20

Thanks for reading

Sounds like classic IBS to me.

It's not a good idea for anybody to be eating late at night. Eating little and often might improve things. You won't be sleeping because you are frightening yourself. The more you stress out, the worse your symptoms will be. Watch what you eat, try and do some relaxation exercises and you will see an improvement.