PDA

View Full Version : Muscle Aches

Azelius
12-12-16, 23:51
Just a quick post im new ive been suffering for years with anxiety finding it hard at the moment and worrying does anyone get muscle pains upper body i get them in my arms in back legs and get them in my chest and shoulders can anxiety really cause this

Gary A
13-12-16, 00:05
Just a quick post im new ive been suffering for years with anxiety finding it hard at the moment and worrying does anyone get muscle pains upper body i get them in my arms in back legs and get them in my chest and shoulders can anxiety really cause this

Yes, it most certainly can. You're more prone to muscle tension when anxious, add to that the fact that you're more sensitive to physical sensations.

Azelius
13-12-16, 00:22
And the anxiety makes us worry its something more ??

Stecakes
13-12-16, 01:16
when you're anxious your muscles tense involuntarily also your posture changes (biggest cause of aches) your shoulders come come forward and inward, which pushes the chest muscles together then you worry about the pains and do it even more.
also if you're a teeth clenched this is a massive cause of muscle pains

Catherine S
13-12-16, 01:21
It certainly does make people worry that it's something more yes. To the point that alot of anxiety sufferers refuse to believe test results, GPs, hospital consultants etc. You only have to take a look at all of the HA threads and posts to see how much it can overtake your life. ...if you let it.

ISB x