PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant with health anxiety

QueenCrimson
13-12-16, 01:25
Hey guys! I've lurked this site for reassurance many, MANY times in the past. After 2 miscarriages I'm pregnant again but my anxieties linger on... fear of miscarriage, breast cancer, lymphoma, ... I have a new fear every week :( I have OCD and obsessively check my breasts every day and it's making my anxiety a lot worse. My doctor told me anxiety is bad for the pregnancy... I wish I could control these obsessive thoughts... in regards to my health and the baby's health. My mom had breast cancer almost 5 years ago and I know that's what set that anxious breast checking off. My last pregnancy was a ''missed miscarriage'' so I had no idea I was miscarrying so I guess that's why I worry so much this time around. Sorry to ramble... I just like knowing I'm not alone in the way I feel about some of my anxieties... also I've tried to see a therapist in town and 3 have already told me that they can't take any new patients :( I just want to feel normal.

venusbluejeans
13-12-16, 01:31
Hiya QueenCrimson and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

QueenCrimson
13-12-16, 02:03
Thanks a lot venusbluejeans :) I'll check them out for sure. It's great to be around supportive people here, very much appreciated :)