PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder pain

Leah88
13-12-16, 02:01
Has anyone had ongoing shoulder pain and had it not be cancer?... I'm feeling a bit panicky the last few days as a boy I went to school with has been diagnosed with melanoma metastasised in brain) and it has made me worry my shoulder is secondary melanoma. I can't have an x ray for a least 5 months as I am pregnant. The pain started a few months before I fell so I know it's not from pregnancy. It's going to be a long wait. I have heard of plenty of shoulder pain stories where it ends up being a secondary cancer but not many turning out to be nothing.

Stecakes
13-12-16, 02:18
I'd say about 99% percent of shoulder pain is NOT cancer related.
when you google shoulder pain you're gonna get scary results. just like if you google cracked finger nails you'll get scary results . this isn't because shoulder pain is scary. it's because who can be arsed writing about trapped nerves, trapezius strain, deltoid strain, frozen shoulder, rotor cuff damage, inflammation , winged scapula ... I can go on all night.
seriously, I've probably dealt with over a thousand people with shoulder pain. not one has been cancer related

NoraB
13-12-16, 06:31
Has anyone had ongoing shoulder pain and had it not be cancer?... I'm feeling a bit panicky the last few days as a boy I went to school with has been diagnosed with melanoma metastasised in brain) and it has made me worry my shoulder is secondary melanoma. I can't have an x ray for a least 5 months as I am pregnant. The pain started a few months before I fell so I know it's not from pregnancy. It's going to be a long wait. I have heard of plenty of shoulder pain stories where it ends up being a secondary cancer

I agree with Stecakes. There are so many things with shoulders and they are prone to wear and tear. I have arthritis in mine which developed when I was 38. It is highly unlikely to be cancer.

Leah88
13-12-16, 21:20
Thanks for the replies

ScaredLizard
13-12-16, 21:27
Shoulder pain can come from even sitting wrong. I've btdt. Most of it is muscle and or ligament pains.

Jull
28-02-17, 14:39
How is your sholder pain right now?? Has it gone?
I found an article that supplies everything you need to know about shoulder pain, I hope you're well :)
https://authorityremedies.com/home-remedies-for-shoulder-pain/

bingjam
28-02-17, 15:51
Oh wow I posted a similar post earlier about shoulder pain....
It's not so much pain it's more achey. I straight away thought the same as you. How long have you had it for?

zippy
28-02-17, 18:59
I have had left back/shoulder ache for 5 months and now the top of my left arm is aching when i lift it too. If i twist my torso all down my left is sore, i don't know if it's bone or muscular or something worse. If i hunch forward it hurts at the end of my breath in the same place where the ache started 5 months ago.

Leah88
28-02-17, 20:18
My shoulder pain is still there. It hasn't gotten worse but it hasn't gotten better either.

lelespears
03-04-17, 10:06
I'm having this right now! It's in my blade areas and the pain runs down my arms!! It's achy and horrible. Worse when lying down. Obviously convinced myself its bone cancer or something ��