View Full Version : Crazy thoughts 100mph

Twirlywoo
13-12-16, 09:00
So I have a fear of schizophrenia which I've been suffering with for 2months now.
Last night however was a awful awful experience that is making me actually question if I'm going mad.
I was just falling to sleep when I heard my thoughts saying about aliens coming to earth? I mean my anxiety then went through the roof?? Why would I think something like that?
Then I had images and thoughts one after the other so random and so vivid. They lasted all night I'm drained and exhausted and above all terrified.
I don't know what to think or do any more I'm so scared 😩😞

NoraB
13-12-16, 09:10
The stress response causes electrical activity in the amygdala to increase. This increases thought traffic but also the thoughts can get a little crazy or threatening in their nature. When the stress response is active, it's fairly common to experience anxious (and crazy) thinking.

Bigboyuk
13-12-16, 09:23
Hi So are you diagnosed with Schizophrenia ? Or do you think you may have it, but actually haven't? I have a friend who has it and seems to be managing , so long as he takes the medication ok :)

Fishmanpa
13-12-16, 09:25
People who are truly delusional don't realize it. If you think you're going crazy, you're not.

Positive thoughts

Bigboyuk
13-12-16, 09:25
Ah sorry I have only just woke up takes me for ever to get in to gear :) You have it and have fears regarding the condition :) Understandable have you got a support worker or a good dr you can talk to?

Twirlywoo
13-12-16, 09:27
No I don't have a diagnosis I just have a intense fear that I have i and people haven't noticed yet. I fear it on a daily basis.

It's the horrible thoughts and the checking of reality and shadows and everything I'm doing 24/7. Last night has really pushed me because of how intense and fearful the thoughts and images were. Almost like I was about to loose full control it was horrible.

SLA
13-12-16, 09:30
Fear of schizophrenia or "going crazy" is a natural progression of letting intrusive thoughts rule your life.

You have a thought. You panic.
You panic. You have an intrusive thought.

If it goes on long enough without you realising what the problem is, a fear of schizophrenia is the next logical (or illogical) step.

Your subconscious thoughts don't mean anything. They are the route cause of the majority of anxiety related issues. Learn to manage and observe them.

Bigboyuk
13-12-16, 10:01
Good advice from SLA :) The main thing is apart from talking on here about it which is a good thing, is to talk to your dr to rule out the condition before it gets worse :) Cheers

Leah88
13-12-16, 23:44
The fact that you are recognising the thoughts as being odd signifies it's much more likely to be pure OCD than schizophrenia. A common theme in anxiety and OCD is often fearing thoughts that are scary. Once you stop being afraid of the ideas they will become boring and go away.. can you tell they are your inner monologue and not someone else's voice? I myself have had this fear when my OCD is really bad, sp I am a bit of a hypocrite for offering advice. Hope you feel better soon.

ScaredLizard
14-12-16, 01:03
When my anxiety first got back in 2000? I thought I was going to become a serial killer (despite me being a bleeding heart and blood making me pass out) but I was so focused on it and intrusive thoughts that I became terrified I would become crazy and kill people. 16 years later and it still hasn't happen. My mind moved onto medical anxiety and now I obsess about that instead lol

MyNameIsTerry
14-12-16, 04:49
The fact that you are recognising the thoughts as being odd signifies it's much more likely to be pure OCD than schizophrenia. A common theme in anxiety and OCD is often fearing thoughts that are scary. Once you stop being afraid of the ideas they will become boring and go away.. can you tell they are your inner monologue and not someone else's voice? I myself have had this fear when my OCD is really bad, sp I am a bit of a hypocrite for offering advice. Hope you feel better soon.

That's all good advice, Leah, it doesn't make you a hypocrite in any way. Dealing with it is far harder than giving advice about it but it's very important to educate sufferers about these themes so they know they exist otherwise they will assume what they fear is real even more so.