PDA

View Full Version : Really feeling down

LF87
13-12-16, 11:25
I have an appointment tomorrow at the doctors. I've tried to stay rational and read everyone's messages over and over but I still find myself prodding and poking and getting myself upset at my groin 'lymph node swelling'.
I'm really scared now that she'll be concerned and send me for a scan / biopsy. I genuinely don't feel I can cope with that, I just spent weeks worrying after having an abnormal smear test (mild changes) but they sent me for a colposcopy as I had HPV. The area was biopsied and confirmed mild changes and to go back in a year. But i have spent the past month demented, I've gone from training everyday and playing netball to nothing. I've gained a stone, drinking a lot and generally making myself ill. I somehow managed to complete my first placement at university throughout this but I feel really at the end of my tether with all the worrying. This groin spot/lump thing couldn't have appeared at a worse time. I know it shows more signs of being a spot than a lymph node but I don't understand why it's still there after being squeezed.
What's the likelihood I'll get sent for tests? It's not a big swelling but I'm so scared she's worried about it.
I can't pull myself through at the minute. I almost got back into my old mouth cancer obsession before I noticed the groin thing, that sort of took over. This is a bad HA spiral, but I'm still freaked out by the groin.
Thanks for reading and any advice is greatly appreciated

KeeKee
13-12-16, 11:34
I had a 'swollen lymph node' in my groin, only right hand side. Turns out, it wasn't a swollen node at all and was just ligament. Yours will probably be the same.

Stecakes
13-12-16, 13:18
you sort of answer your own question here
question "why hasn't it gone yet"
answer. " I still find myself poking and prodding"
let us know on here what gp says, my money is on it's nothing to worry about

Fishmanpa
13-12-16, 13:29
my money is on it's nothing to worry about

That's a pretty safe bet :)

Positive thoughts

LF87
13-12-16, 14:12
I will let you guys know, (panic attacking!)
Thanks for replying :) x