PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like crap

Scooter86
13-12-16, 11:54
Hi there,

Well 'tis the season to be jolly....and also to get sick. Mine started out with vertigo a month ago and since I've been feeling a bit dizzy, like my equilibrium is off and very foggy in my head. Couple that with feeling sluggish and my anxiety has run wild. What's been scaring me is that I've felt this way for a month and every time I feel like I'm getting better it gets worse again. This can't be a common cold, they don't last over a month, do they? Doctors don't know why I've been dizzy, they did blood work and told me to take anti congestants.

Ugh this so frustrating. I just want my head to stop feeling off balance.

Thanks
Scooter

helenclaire
13-12-16, 12:10
I don't have any answers unfortunately but I have been feeling like this for months.
I keep telling myself if it was anything serious I would be a lot worse by now.
But it does come and go and was told if it was serious it would be there constantly.
It doesn't really put my mind at rest though as when I feel off balance and dizzy it really scares me.
Everyday I wake up hoping its gone but it comes back.
I am sure worrying about it isn't helping but I can't help it.
It's a vicious circle.:shrug:

SLA
13-12-16, 12:12
Colds can last a long time, and even when they feel like they are gone, some things can still remain.

Dizziness can be caused by infection, or congestion in the ear.

I had severe dizziness earlier in the year, and I PANICKED.... Doctor said it was related to the cold/infection i'd had a few weeks before.

Then it went away.

Health anxiety always surfaces when you are unwell.