PDA

View Full Version : New to Anxiety/Panic Attacks

junther
13-12-16, 14:24
Hi all,

My name is JJ, I am 27 years old and I recently started developing anxiety and pannic attacks due to some major stomach problems. Due to H. Bacteria, I developed ulcers in my stomach, GERDS, and esophagitis. Because of this, it has become very hard to eat and swallow, which causes me anxiety. I love to travel and was planning on going to Europe during the holidays to backpack. I am a little worried about flying and how this new condition will affect my plans. The doctor said that, physically, I can travel since the bacteria has been treated already (only to avoid certain foods and alcohol), but mentally, I am not quite sure I will endure the toll backpacking takes on you. ( I plan on doing 8 countries in 1 month). Any help you guys can give me about traveling and being far from home will be eternally appreciated. Glad to be part of a group that can relate to how you feel!

Cheers!

JJ:)

venusbluejeans
13-12-16, 14:30
Hiya junther and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

SLA
13-12-16, 15:11
Hi junther,

It's refreshing to see someone still want to travel and flourish despite the conditions and the anxiety.

It does sound like a stressful thing to attempt when you are managing your ailments. Is there an option to reduce the amount of travelling youd planned, and maybe take it a little easier to start?

Stay in touch

Jason

Mark13
16-12-16, 12:52
Glad to have you with us, JJ.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.