PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety or not?

Hannahlob84
13-12-16, 19:17
Hello,

I've had anxiety for years, it came back recently my yafter three years of no symptoms at all, I'm gutted but trying to get through it. My life hasn't stopped this time but I'm bloody knackered trying to get through each day.

Any way, for the last few days or so I've had constant numbness in my right arm and leg, tingling in my hands and feet, sharp pains in my neck and head (they come and go but they hurt and when I touch my scalp or neck after it's sore to touch), I feel quite spaced out and a slight sense of derealisation, my heart thuds a lot, light not even bright light makes my eyes squint and ache, I'm getting headaches everyday, my temples ache and I just feel like I can't be bothered to do anything.

Writing all of this down makes me realise that these are all classic symptoms of anxiety. However I have a B12 deficiency and diabetes and have read on the NHS website that these symptoms can also be due to those problems. I've just had my three monthly B12 injection and my last diabetes check 8 months ago was ok, but I'm just getting a bit worried that I'm feeling rubbish because of real things as opposed to my anxiety and just stupid thoughts.

Should I go back to the doctors or would I just be wasting their time? I really don't like going to the doctor as I don't want to take up a slot if it's just my anxiety but I am worried that it may not be. Normally when I get numbness and all of the above I can distract myself and then it goes but this time it's not going. Even at work when I'm busy and distracted I can still feel it. God this is rubbish, a lot of the time I can't tell what's real and whats in my mind.

Any advice would be great!

Sparkling_Fairy
13-12-16, 19:24
I hear you about not liking to go to the Dr. And they are all symptoms that can be from anxiety.
But it sounds like you're the kind of person that can accept it's anxiety, if your doctor tells you it is. So I wouldn't be hesitant to go back to your doctor, talk about it, and if they agree it's anxiety you can then take that and not overthink it.

ScaredLizard
13-12-16, 19:28
Because you do have a B12 deficiency have they checked you for all the vitamins? Maybe just ask if they can check all your vitamin levels? If you are deficient in one there's a chance you might have another one they've not checked. How is your iron levels? I have chronic low iron levels and get infusions.

Catherine S
13-12-16, 19:29
Hannah, if you are diabetic and also have a B12 deficiency then I really think the best place for you is your doctor. Not sure about anybody else here, but I wouldn't feel comfortable advising you on anxiety if your symptoms could be connected to your existing conditions. Even though you don't want to see your doctor, it's probably best to do so and report back to tell us the outcome.

ISB x

Hannahlob84
13-12-16, 21:48
Thank you for your replies, I think I will make a doctors appointment and see what he/she says. At the least if they think it's anxiety my mind we be at rest a little and if not I can get it sorted.

Thanks again x

ScaredLizard
13-12-16, 21:49
Definitely! I hope it's something easy to treat if it is physical! xx