PDA

View Full Version : Pain in my shoulder blade now freaking out

ImObsessedWithGlee
13-12-16, 21:57
So freaking out once again, I can feel a sharp pain in my left shoulder blade and it's like I can feel the pain in my left breast too.

I am freaking out, I'm genuinely so close to tears. I don't know what is causing this and I'm convinced I have stage 4 breast cancer that's spread to the bone I'm not ok :weep:

I don't know what to do, I have an exam tomorrow that I'm stressed over and now this I just want the pain to go away :(As I said before I can feel no lumps in my breast or anything. No swollen lymph nodes, nothing. Just this damn pain intermittently in my shoulder blade and what feels like it's coming from my breast :ohmy:

ScaredLizard
13-12-16, 22:09
*big hugs* Just try to take comfort in the fact that you have a huge muscle group that goes from shoulders and down your chest and then in the back. If you move even slightly wrong? You can pull them and make them hurt quite a lot

Stecakes
13-12-16, 22:28
I think it's safe to say that breast cancer doesn't generally present as shoulder pain.
and if you had an advanced stage cancer in any locations you would have far more serious symptoms . shoulder pain is usually down to muscle or tendon damage. you can do this in your sleep or from lifting something with bad technique. or bad posture
these are far more likely to be causing your pain than cancer

KaalynJohnson
14-12-16, 00:07
From my recent worries and journeys I've discovered that roughly 800,000,000,000,000 things can cause shoulder pain.

Almost all of them more common than any cancer.

Fishmanpa
14-12-16, 00:39
From my recent worries and journeys I've discovered that roughly 800,000,000,000,000 things can cause shoulder pain.

Almost all of them more common than any cancer.

Can I have an AMEN?

Positive thoughts

AlwaysOnEdge
14-12-16, 02:00
The old jokes that float around: WebMd, my eye itches- what could it be from? WebMd, "Eye Cancer"

Funny, but not. I along with I'm sure a majority of people on here fall victim to Googling symptoms. I've been dealing with muscle tension across both shoulders and my chest and someone I know recently had a "widow maker" heart attack. So when you are someone with anxiety you make the jump that it could be your heart (even though I've had a complete work up including an echo)

How much easier would our anxiety be to handle if we didn't have the internet? Of course we wouldn't have this forum to take some comfort in the fact that we aren't alone and other people deal with the same things and we survive!

NancyW
14-12-16, 02:09
I had stabbing shoulder pain for weeks.. burned out a heating pad and scalded my skin from sleeping with it on.

It was coming from my neck.

Have you been spending a lot of time with your head in a forward head position? Like on a computer? Reading?

I had terrible pain that no over the counter pain medicine could put a dent in. 5 months of chiropractic treatent worked.

If this sounds like it could be the cause of your pain, look up youtube videos on forward head posture and exercises to help.

Dr Mandell is excellent

Jull
12-04-17, 05:50
You can use Epsom salt: take 2 cups of Epsom salt into a warm bath and dissolve and soak your whole body including the shoulder under the water for at least 20 minutes. Do this at least 3 times a week.
Massage treats the pain very effectively, just massage your shoulders with essential oil for 15 minutes. The pain would disappear :)
I got some extra tips for you:
- Have your shoulder rest as much as you can for several to improve the healing.
- Elevate the shoulder using pillows in order to decrease pain and swelling.
- Keep correct posture in order to support the quick healing of your shoulder.
- When suffering from shoulder pain, keep the elbow on the side in order to let the shoulder take a break.
- Apply some simple stretching exercises for neck to support the treatment of shoulder pain.
- Take a thicker pillow for sleeping in order to have sufficient support for the shoulder and neck.
- Apply acupressure and acupuncture for prompt recovery.
- Take some light exercises for stretching in order to alleviate pain. In case, you are not sure, consult the professional trainer.
- Consume couples of glass of lemon water every day in order to avoid deposit of minerals at joints which can trigger pain at the shoulder as well as other parts of the body.
- Take the 0.0125%-capsaicin gel to apply onto the shoulder for pain relieving.
- Keep out of smoking as well as other products from tobacco because they might decelerate the healing
:)
Hope they can help you get better!
If you want to know more about other natural remedies for shoulder pain, you can find them here https://authorityremedies.com/home-remedies-for-shoulder-pain/
Lưu

unsure_about_this
12-04-17, 09:43
Even though I had bad HA I would have thought stage 4 breast canceryou would be very ill by now, if you got a tablet dont use it to much