PDA

View Full Version : Feeling faint...

Mrschurchill
13-12-16, 22:01
😣😣 so at work earlier I took a bit of a funny turn. I went really hot, felt sick, funny sensation in arms and legs and I thought I was going to faint. I was soo shaky but luckily didn't faint!
I've never ever felt like that before! Totally freaking out and have no idea what the heck caused it!
I was exhausted after it and when I got home I went straight to bed and slept for 2 and a half hours. I woke up feeling quite normal, but nauseas but other than that normal. I ate and drank today so no idea what's caused it and I'm so scared! :weep:

Stecakes
13-12-16, 22:15
are you taking any meds? this can happen with medication sometimes doesn't necessarily mean you're allergic either
also have you been drinking enough water ? all your symptoms are typical of dehydration
there's also the possibility of it being low blood sugar or an anxiety attack,
obviously. if it keeps reoccurring or you lose consciousness you should seek medical assistance.
but I think you'll find it's a one off, drink plenty of fluids

ScaredLizard
13-12-16, 22:19
It sounds like a panic attack or low blood sugar. Or depending on your age and where you are in your cycle it could be a hot flash also.

Mrschurchill
13-12-16, 22:20
Not on any medication so can't be that.
It just came over me so quickly! My hands were tingling and it's as if I had tunnel vision! I took a night sweat 2 nights ago so I don't know if it's connected to that. I broke out in a sweat right after it, it was so horrible and scary x

Stecakes
13-12-16, 22:52
how about the water ? have you been drinking enough? really sounds like your kidneys letting you know their thirsty to me.

Mrschurchill
13-12-16, 22:59
Hmmm maybe. I'm so bad for not drinking water. Today I drank a Diet Coke and a bottle of sprite... that's pretty much it!

Stecakes
13-12-16, 23:18
right. coffee and fizzy drinks don't count haha
I really think this is your problem, it's very common. you kidneys just give you a little twinge and it can be very frightening if you don't recognise what's happening.
it happens in an instant . tingles, going to faint feeling,
everything seems to get darker and cold sweat then it goes after a short while
you really need to drink more water about a litre a day. if you really don't like water then flavoured water would be second best

Mrschurchill
14-12-16, 07:18
So I've woken up with a fever this morning??

Stecakes
14-12-16, 09:20
sorry to hear that
might be worth a trip to the doctors,
you could have an infection

Mrschurchill
14-12-16, 09:35
I'm too scared to go to the doctor. I slept for over 12 hours last night. Really feeling shitty and scared :(

Stecakes
14-12-16, 10:45
I appreciate how scared you must feel,
but the only way you're gonna let go of your fear is
if a medical professional tells you you're not seriously
I'll ( which they will ) it's worth getting a quick check over.
you may need some antibiotics.
if you insist on not going, then at least drink lots of fluids and eat
plenty of fruit to help boost you immune system
but my advise would be see the doctor .
I really DONT think you have a serious illness

Mrschurchill
14-12-16, 13:45
Haven't felt faint today. Just anxious really. It's such a vicious cycle

Mrschurchill
16-01-17, 16:53
Just had another one of those spells. My hands and arms went tingly and I felt like I had to put my head between knees. Had a horrible headache all day today, starting to get those horrible brain tumour fears again. Freaking out a wee bit!