PDA

View Full Version : eye test

duke27
14-12-16, 11:51
So I have this fear of a brain tumour. My grandma passed away of a brain tumour. I had an eye test this morning and she tested my vision and then looked throughly at mt eyes with a light then did a photograph of my wye ans said all looks fine. I didn't mention about the brain tumour fears but wheb I saw the image on the computer it looked abnormal. I know I'm not a qualified optometrist bur I've compared it to photos online of people with tumours ans it looked the same!! She was chatting to me as well whilst she was looking at the images. Totally freaked!

SLA
14-12-16, 11:57
..and, what now....

Gary A
14-12-16, 12:08
Which part of the image looked abnormal? Abnormal in what sense?

Catherine S
14-12-16, 12:34
If that's what you thought while you were still with the optometrist, why didn't you ask about it there? Why wait until you logged into the forum? You didn't have to tell her about the brain tumour fear, but you could have just asked if the image was normal. You' re right about them knowing what's normal and what isn't, they'd be pretty useless at their job if they kept getting it wrong.

ISB x

Fishmanpa
14-12-16, 12:45
Hey there Duke,

You're really spiraling here! From bumps on your fingers to nodes to tumors to ALS etc. All within a couple of days! I'm afraid you're just feeding your anxiety here as reassurance isn't working at all. You also appear to be having some depression issues... perhaps post natal? Your domestic situation is also unhealthy as you've spoken about and that most certainly is contributing to this spiral of anxiety.

I know you've seen doctors who have given you a clean bill of health but what are you doing to treat your mental health? If your partner is going to refuse to allow you to help yourself, you're going to have to make some serious decisions about your future and the future of your child.

Positive thoughts

duke27
14-12-16, 19:17
Thanks for your replies. I know my anxiety is out of control. I just don't know what to do anymore about these symptoms. I feel sooo ull and it's so hard to believe that it's anxiety and tiredness. I look so pale and unwell so many people have asked me if im I'll. Just want to feel better

swajj
15-12-16, 11:49
The images always look abnormal to me too. Probably because we don't know what normal images are supposed to look like. She wouldn't have said they looked fine if she wasn't sure. She probably made a point of chatting with you so you wouldn't be anxious. She would have looked at the images carefully. So don't even think otherwise.

SLA
15-12-16, 12:06
Both times I went for maternity scans with my partner I was convinced I saw testicles both times, and I was adamant we were having a boy.

Just got back from dropping my two girls off at school.

swajj
15-12-16, 12:30
lol