PDA

View Full Version : Getting a tooth pulled?

UserName20
14-12-16, 18:48
I'm a female and I'm 16. I've been having issues with one of my back molars. First I had a huge cavity, the I had a root canal on it. Yesterday it broke so much that they told me that it would be best to just pull it and they are referring me to an oral surgeon. I have the appointment on Monday and needless to say I'm freaking out. I messed up and googled, which lead me to stories about teenagers dying after or whilw having a tooth pulled. I'm terrified that for some reason I'll be allergic to the anesthetic even though I've had it plenty of times and I'll stop breathing during it or an infection from it will spread through my body. I can't shake this feeling that something is going to go horribly wrong, even though it's just a simple tooth extraction. Have any of you guys had any trouble getting teeth pulled?

Fishmanpa
14-12-16, 18:51
I swear... Google should have a built in HA/Anxiety detector that stops sufferers from using it!

You'll be fine!

Positive thoughts

ScaredLizard
14-12-16, 20:19
You've got this! I got all my teeth pulled after being put under in 2012.

Sande
16-12-16, 23:27
I was the same earlier this year when having a wisdom tooth pulled, and honestly the worst part is what you put yourself through before, I felt nothing and listened to the aftercare instructions and was fine and all healed in no time, Google always throws up horror stories. You will be fine and don't worry about the injections if you're heart races a bit it's just the medicine it has adrenaline in to help the numbing. I didn't know this and it shook me up.

unsure_about_this
17-12-16, 09:53
Had one pulled in 2006 adult tooth, took couple of minutes

KeeKee
17-12-16, 10:06
I was the same earlier this year when having a wisdom tooth pulled, and honestly the worst part is what you put yourself through before, I felt nothing and listened to the aftercare instructions and was fine and all healed in no time, Google always throws up horror stories. You will be fine and don't worry about the injections if you're heart races a bit it's just the medicine it has adrenaline in to help the numbing. I didn't know this and it shook me up.

I now specifically ask for the one without adrenaline. Wears off quicker too.