PDA

View Full Version : Omg skin cancer fear please help

Emily101115
15-12-16, 16:51
Evening guys I'm back AGAIN with my latest!!
Yesterday I found a small flat black freckle on my arm-never noticed it before it looks like s scan but seems to deep! If that makes sense anyhow I have scratched it well picked it as I do with spots(terrible habit) and its bled a little.

I d get dots on my arms not sure but I seen in my Facebook this afternoon about someone with skin cancer and this has set me off really bad can somebody please help now I'm aware that it's there I am thinking its itchy
Please help settle my mind
I've already had breast pain this week which I started with my irrational fears again but my mind is so into this now

Catherine S
15-12-16, 18:03
Were you not aware that skin cancer existed before you read somebody on facebook has it? Why did just this one person set you off? At any one time thousands of people have skin cancer, what's the chances of you getting it..who knows? We here on nmp don't for sure either. I am covered in freckles and moles, being a natural reddhead and while I know it's not impossible for a mole to turn nasty, I know the chances of it are minimal in the bigger life picture. If yours is worrying you, get it checked...simple.

Oh...and stop picking it.

ISB x

Emily101115
15-12-16, 18:33
Were you not aware that skin cancer existed before you read somebody on facebook has it? Why did just this one person set you off? At any one time thousands of people have skin cancer, what's the chances of you getting it..who knows? We here on nmp don't for sure either. I am covered in freckles and moles, being a natural reddhead and while I know it's not impossible for a mole to turn nasty, I know the chances of it are minimal in the bigger life picture. If yours is worrying you, get it checked...simple.

Oh...and stop picking it.

ISB x

Thank you for replying to me! Yes I have always been aware of skin cancer in awre of any cancer hence my health anxiety.

It is actually really small sat thinking will I look stupid going to my Drs with this I hate to waste there time when they can see people who really are ill.But the only way I am going to know is by going.

Catherine S
15-12-16, 18:55
:)

Stecakes
15-12-16, 19:02
ok, let's look at it this way
out of the almost 8 billion people on our little planet,
what are the odds of you developing skin cancer ? = pretty low
now what are the odds of you developing skin cancer, then inadvertently finding
out you have it because someone on your Facebook has it ? = pretty damn low

Emily101115
15-12-16, 19:13
This post I seen on Facebook this afternoon has just set my mind going,I found this tiny black mark yesterday and i first though oh my! But I forgotten about it and seeing this post today on Facebook just made me remember and obviously set my mind into overdrive.

Stecakes
15-12-16, 19:19
why not speak to your doctor , I'm sure after a quick look they can put your mind at rest

Emily101115
15-12-16, 21:02
I am going to call tomorrow I can't take this worrying! Thank you for replying to me.

Emily101115
16-12-16, 08:09
Didn't sleep much and it's all I can think about this morning!
It really is so small it looks like a scab but under the skin than there's so much I have picked out!

Emily101115
16-12-16, 14:34
So I examined again before calling my Drs to just see if it was actually worth calling them for.I rubbed my nail over it and the black has came away and underneath is a very small brown freckle not sure if this is a good thing or what?

When I say small I mean the size of like a pin.

I have settled myself right down but there is still this part of thinking what if.....