PDA

View Full Version : Having major panic.. various symptoms. Do I need to worry??

goldie84
15-12-16, 17:34
Hi everyone I've been experiencing vague symptoms for a few weeks and I'm totally freaking out at work right now.

My eye has been blurry on and on (when I blink it clears)
My neck feels stiff and sore
My stomach has occasional dull burning (upper section)
My head sometimes has sharp pains
I feel lightheaded

Worst of all people keep telling me I look skinny which freaks me out the most because I haven't changed much and I haven't worked out in about a week. Do I need to worry?? I'm sitting at work wanting to go buy a scale to try to reassure myself.

Stecakes
15-12-16, 18:09
a lot of people on here have these symptoms, caused by anxiety.
which seems to increase your chance of acid reflux ( would explain the burning feeling)
as for people commenting on your weight, pop yourself on some scales and find out , but I've noticed that most people
who have negative comments about your appearance usually have a self esteem issue.

Sphincterclench
15-12-16, 19:34
be careful what reassurance you seek, if you have any OCD issues it could take over your life.

I have an apple watch and a BP CUFF and scale that I use that are bluetooth connected to my phone. I may miss a meal here and there but I can tell you my heart rate, weight, and BP on demand because I take them so often.

Im glad I have them but i wish I could be less dependant on them

goldie84
15-12-16, 20:03
Thanks for both of your responses. Wish I read your message earlier though because my OCD definitely overcame me and I took an early lunch to buy a scale. I did lose about 3 lbs but I also know I haven't been snacking as much lately so it's not as alarming as I thought. I may return the scale because I know in the pst having that always made it a habitual thing.. to check over and over everyday. Trying hard to overcome my desire to see my doc. This morning I was in tears at my desk with worry.

AnxietySuckss
15-12-16, 22:27
Hey. A lot of people take the burning sensation as acid reflux or heartburn. I think what you are describing are waves of dread. That's what I call them. You worry about something and then your abdomen feels really hot and radiates to the rest of your body (sometimes). Is that what you are talking about?

goldie84
15-12-16, 23:22
It feels like a constant dull burning that sometimes is there for a couple of hours but for example today isn't there. Does anyone know what the eye thing is? Has anyone had similar eye symptom.

Kathryn313
15-12-16, 23:52
Why are you trying to overcome seeing your doctor? Have you looked into treatment for your anxieties?

goldie84
16-12-16, 00:15
I'm trying to not jump the gun and see the doc for something minor (if it is). Medical tests give me more anxiety than anything else.

KaalynJohnson
16-12-16, 00:48
I'm trying to not jump the gun and see the doc for something minor (if it is). Medical tests give me more anxiety than anything else.

Tests may give you anxiety, but results are the best and quickest way to soothe health anxiety.

All of the things you described are text-book anxiety symptoms but can obviously be other things, too.