PDA

View Full Version : Feeling like I can't do it...

Pan9
15-12-16, 22:02
Anxiety has hit an all time high. Can't sit still, someone is sitting on my chest, ears ringing 24 hrs a day (I feel like I'm losing my mind), skin crawling- I've cried all day today. This isn't a life. I feel like it's not going to get better this time. It's a vicious cycle; I'm not functioning. Every minute has crawled by today.

What can I do?

Stecakes
15-12-16, 22:08
are you on meds for your anxiety or having therapy?

liamruss23
15-12-16, 22:09
Hey Pan9, im new here and i feel your pain!

some days it can be so bad with anxiety but what im starting to work out is triggers.

whats triggering the anxiety? for me, its sitting on my own, on my laptop then all of a sudden... BOOM, hello dr google, its been about 10 mins since we last spoke! haha

then i start to think, hang on, anyone can say anything on google and websites to scare people so i try and avoid it now as much as i can!

i think a forum like this is incredible as it allows people to vent and have assurance from other people suffering from similar feelings such as yourself.

i find for me, being a music person, listening to music (as generic as it sounds) helps to keep my mind off it, also im looking at new things to do, that way, ill be out doing it instead of sitting here googling everything and self diagnosing myself!

Hope this helps!

Pan9
15-12-16, 22:16
I started citalopram again 4 days ago. Booked some private CBT starting soon. Feel like it's all pointless because I'll always end up back here :(. I'm worried about my little one picking up on my anxiety and ending up like me x

---------- Post added at 22:16 ---------- Previous post was at 22:11 ----------

Thanks for the reply. Different triggers every episode. This time it was ringing in my ears after a loud concert. Suddenly remembered this interview I had heard about this woman who suffered from chronic tinitus- que massive panic attack and it went from there. Now I feel like I can hear the ringing 24/7. Can't sleep. Feel like I'm going mad because the doctor implied that it's an anxiety response- but how can the body do that!? I must be hallucinating x

viking111
16-12-16, 19:53
Anxiety usually brings lots of new symptoms and makes everything seem real bad. But you need to try to ignore that and accept it as just anxiety and nothing more.