PDA

View Full Version : Do you have anxious days without a cause?

ScaredLizard
16-12-16, 03:25
I've been fine all day but got anxious before a drs appointment today and was shaking. Then was fine for hours. Now it's almost bedtime and I'm shaking but I've not been worrying about anything. Except NOW I'm worrying about the shaking so I think it's made it worse.

Can you have anxious days without cause? I AM a female and am PMS'ing which can cause anxiety

Fishmanpa
16-12-16, 03:33
Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. So you may "feel" you're not anxious but your body is on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Positive thoughts

Stecakes
16-12-16, 03:34
yes most definitely.
there's lots of people on here who go through this

ScaredLizard
16-12-16, 03:41
yes most definitely.
there's lots of people on here who go through this

It SUCKS! Like I was trying to go to bed on time tonight and now it's not happening

Stecakes
16-12-16, 03:54
you could try warm milk?
some breathing exercises ?

MyNameIsTerry
16-12-16, 05:23
My primary anxiety disorder is GAD which is pretty much like this anyway. It's not just having lots of non specific triggers but just feeling anxious constantly for a very long time. Then you wake up and it all starts again.

It's very common to feel like this.