PDA

View Full Version : As soon as I start to feel sort of ok another symptom comes

duke27
16-12-16, 10:21
Is this normal with anxiety? As soon as I start to feel ok another symptom will come on. I mean it is so frequent so forfor example this morning I've probably felt ok about 5 times and then that last about 1 minute and a symptom will come on ans I'll feel anxious again. Or even no symptom ans I'll just feel anxious for no reason. Feel like my mind is not allowing me to be happy for even 1 minute of the day 😟

Also wanted to ask... can tiredness make you feel unwell and have a lowered immune system? I have a 9 month old and I'm up about 3 or 4 times a night with him still ans still breastfeeding. I've also had 2 colds and a bug in the space of a month... I look like a zombie and I'm extremely pale too.

KeeKee
16-12-16, 10:24
Yes it can Duke. You really need professional help.

I don't have a baby at home and I look like that too. I'm disgustingly pale with dark circles too. It can be anxiety and also stress (also common when you are still night feeding).

Stress, anxiety, not getting enough sleep etc can all run you down and cause more colds etc. Things won't get better on their own. You need to see a GP and tell them how you're feeling.

duke27
16-12-16, 10:29
I have been to the gp. Had blood test which was normal. Seeing a councellor and have been prescribed sertraline but my partner doesn't approve of them ans I feel fearful of taking them whilst alone eith my baby as I don't know how they will affect me.

KeeKee
16-12-16, 10:37
Ah I see I never knew you were seeing a counsellor. Your partner may not approve but it's not upto him. The important thing is, would you want to take them? I know you say you're scared and I myself have taken antidepressants and would never go back on them, but they didn't make me unable to look after my child or anything. I found them very easy to come off, if they don't agree with you there is nothing stopping you coming off them.

Has counselling helped at all? Could you go to any mother and baby groups etc?

Fishmanpa
16-12-16, 12:40
Seeing a councellor and have been prescribed sertraline but my partner doesn't approve of them

I didn't know this! I thought your partner was against this due to talking about your relationship/situation and I also thought he was Ok with meds and the possible side effects :huh:

He doesn't have a problem with the meds because of the side effects it's strange he doesn't give me a reason but says he doesn't care about the side effects. I also think the reason he doesn't want me to have counselling us so I don't talk about our situation to anyone.

Regardless, that's a positive. I hope you muster the courage to start the meds. Worst case they don't help, best case they do.

Positive thoughts