PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety symptoms but don't feel anxious

Bakebeansrule
16-12-16, 11:32
I'm not sure if this is in the right place but the last few days I've had a few symptoms of anxiety but I don't feel anxious. I've got a lot on a work (been offered 2 transfers so have to make that decision by next week) and thinking about Christmas (making sure everything's wrapped and ready for when family arrive) but after making my self so ill last year worrying about it I've promised myself Christmas this year will be what it will be so don't feel particially worried about it.

My head feels quite foggy and dizzy but I think that could be tiredness, I almost feel like my head can't keep up with my eyes when I'm walking and moving but that's in my head thers nothing physically wrong I'm still walking in a straight line. I'm not on any medication and really don't want to go back on it.

Is it normal to have symptoms but not feel anxious?

KeeKee
16-12-16, 11:51
Yes it is. Could also be stress with work and getting sorted for Christmas.

Stecakes
16-12-16, 12:04
Yes it is. Could also be stress with work and getting sorted for Christmas.

I agree with this,
this is a very stressful time if year

ana
16-12-16, 13:33
I think it's just stress. Just today, I was feeling so fatigued and out of breath at work, and was getting dizzy, but was otherwise calm.

Fishmanpa
16-12-16, 14:14
Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. So you may "feel" you're not anxious but your body is on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
16-12-16, 14:33
Anxiety manifests in many ways, the symptom list is huge and overlaps with so many other things too. It could just be that it's a symptom you haven't associated with feeling anxious, if it's on the list. Cognitive issues are Serotonin related and feeling fogged up and slower than your eyes or your mind can't seem to process what you are seeing as quickly, happens in these disorders.

But stress is a very valid point too. Stress can bring on flu-like symptoms, something employers known very well from all the sick periods. It could just be because you are under stress and it's triggering anxiety in a different way or maybe you have good control of your anxiety thus it's only the effects of stress and you are doing well by stopping it progressing?

You're obviously in demand! People value your work ability offering to poach you to 2 areas. :yesyes::yahoo:

Bakebeansrule
17-12-16, 08:19
Thank you all for your replies. I've woken up today with ear ache and a runny nose so I guessing it's all related im sure there's some stress in there too but I'm refusing to let it get to me. The support you get here's great thank you

NoraB
17-12-16, 08:26
Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. So you may "feel" you're not anxious but your body is on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.

Positive thoughts

That describes it beautifully.

MusicGeek
19-12-16, 02:30
After many years I'm still learning about Anxiety, there are so many symptoms, and Stress is a big trigger, and yes this is the worst time of year for us sufferers