PDA

View Full Version : Movable lump under csection scar, help!

Leslie735
16-12-16, 15:33
Yesterday, I randomly decided to feel my csection scar (I've had 2, my most recent one being 8 years ago). On the right side of it going towards my hip I feel this lump that moves when I push on it. Its hard to tell if its an actual lump or just a glob of scar tissue or what. But when I find it and I push on it, I feel this pop thing like its moving real quick or something. That probably makes no sense but the only way I know how to describe it. Its freaking me out and scared its bad! :(

---------- Post added at 15:33 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

Anyone? I'm freaking out. :(

Fishmanpa
16-12-16, 15:52
So you just discovered something by poking and prodding that's probably been there for 8 years is freaking you out? Leslie... c'mon now. We all have weird bumps, lumps and such in our bodies and if we poke and prod enough we'll find them.

You're fine! :)

Positive thoughts

KaalynJohnson
16-12-16, 15:53
Lump in a scar? I think you know it's almost certainly scar tissue, even if your HA isn't letting that soothe your fears.

What are you afraid that it is?

Leslie735
16-12-16, 16:04
I have no idea if its been there for 8 years? I haven't ever felt my scar until yesterday. No idea why I chose to either. Ugh! I realize its irrational, trust me, I know. But my HA isn't letting me believe its probably just scar tissue. I tried to rationalize by telling myself this is right where my uterus is at, I've had 2 csections so its probably scar tissue. If it was cancer of the uterus, I wouldn't be able to actually feel the lumps because they'd be inside of it, it can't be bladder cancer because its mostly in older men, which I am not. Then any lymph nodes in this area are more in the groin (bend of leg and pelvic) so the only thing I could come up with that is bad is soft tissue sarcoma. otherwise it has to be fatty tissue (scar tissue) right? See I can rationalize but getting my head to believe it is the hard part.

ETA: This lump is actually a few cms below my scar, I should've said that in my first post.

Kuatir
16-12-16, 16:22
If you are freaking out then you should get it checked, if you believe that you will accept the doctor's diagnosis when it isn't what you think it is.

My wife has a similar lump near her C Section scar. Doctor said it was normal.

Leslie735
16-12-16, 16:33
If you are freaking out then you should get it checked, if you believe that you will accept the doctor's diagnosis when it isn't what you think it is.

My wife has a similar lump near her C Section scar. Doctor said it was normal.

Its never comforting to find a lump in your body. When you have HA it makes it even worse.

Thank you for sharing about your wife. I appreciate it. :)

Brooke4131
16-12-16, 22:05
Hi Leslie.
This sounds pretty normal. I also had csection and healed scars around that area can often look like that, especially if you have a keloid or sunken scar. If you're really worried about it, mention it to your doctor. But in the meantime, remember that it sounds pretty standard as far as a c section scar goes.

unsure_about_this
16-12-16, 22:35
Like everybody has said if you worried see a GP who may referred you if needed.

Blonde123
18-10-17, 17:03
I think this is what I've just felt. Sometimes it tugs or pulls but even though my scar is 14 years old I've only just noticed it. Very odd!