PDA

View Full Version : Please reply.

Ljthompson10
16-12-16, 18:15
Hi everyone. I have done really well and not been on forums for around 6 weeks after going on them everyday reassurance seeking for my anxiety!!

Anyway even though I'm back on I'm not reasurrance seeking. Just need advice.

I have been really struggling with obsessive thoughts and even though I do feel I have a bit of OCD, I don't think it's that bad. Anyway, I can't get certain weird thoughts out of head. First I looked at myself asking 'what if this isn't my body' then I wondered if my mum was an alien then I was determined to find an answer on why we are different to monkeys as it freaked me out how 99% of our genes are the same. Crazy right!!
Anyway i feel likes if I focus on any of these thoughts they will get stuck in my head so I'll stop mentioning them.

Anyway. Even though I've not got a thought in my head at the minute I have a negative feeling that they will always come back to me. Reminding me of the thoughts and even though I can distract myself it frustrates me when the feeling/thoughts come back!
Anyway even though on the first day back at college I will see the nurse as she really helped with my health anxiety! There is still 3 weeks and I want to be happy and make progress during the Xmas hols as I'm going to London and then Marbella and want to enjoy them.

So my question is, how do I stop the thoughts or make them loose meaning. Any advice will be appreciated as I'm doing well at the minute and even though I'm not reasurrance seeking I am looking for advice. Thanks guys!

viking111
16-12-16, 18:40
Hi!
I've been suffering a lot from OCD, but now I consider it under control. I've had times so bad I thought I had lost my mind and that there was no going back. My longest obsession was 2 months straight from the same thought, but I overcame it.
Anyways, to stop the thought, you must let them be and in fact, do everything to make them worse. Like, deliberately accept them and let them do their worst. For example, if you have a fear of getting kidnapped or something, just accept it and say to yourself that you do not care that you're getting kidnapped. Remember, the thought it completely meaningless, just some weird stuff your mind brings up. In fact, everyone experiences these thoughts, it's just that people who don't have OCD don't care about them. People with OCD get anxiety from them and start believing them and giving them credibility, while in reality they're completely nothing.
Trust me, that works. I did not believe it would but I just accepted them and carried on until I simply stopped being anxious and was fine.
If you need anything, message me and I might be able to provide some help.

Ljthompson10
16-12-16, 18:45
Thankyou sooo much. What an inspiration. Not sure I have OCD but just obsessive thoughts.

Your so inspiring though cos I know how hard it is. Anyway, not that it is a thought but I have sort of had this negative feeling hung over my head and it's almost as if it's like trying to remind me of the thoughts I could have even though I'm not technically obsessing over them.

So how would I get rid of this feeling as it's extremely frustrating!!

Thanks so much again. Makes me feel a lot better talking to people like you

viking111
16-12-16, 19:29
Thankyou sooo much. What an inspiration. Not sure I have OCD but just obsessive thoughts.

Your so inspiring though cos I know how hard it is. Anyway, not that it is a thought but I have sort of had this negative feeling hung over my head and it's almost as if it's like trying to remind me of the thoughts I could have even though I'm not technically obsessing over them.

So how would I get rid of this feeling as it's extremely frustrating!!

Thanks so much again. Makes me feel a lot better talking to people like you
All those weird feelings is just part of anxiety. If you get like those weird vibes and feelings of not feeling yourself, that's disociation which is common with anxiety. It will all go away once you stop fearing them. Just accept them and try to think more positively.
I am sure you will recover. I used to have bad anxiety too and I did, just like millions of people have. It just takes to realise it is just thoughts and nothing more.

Ljthompson10
16-12-16, 19:31
I'm feeling better already. Thankyou.
Do you promise I can recover.

Not that I have it anyway I think it's just my anxiety

viking111
16-12-16, 19:41
I'm feeling better already. Thankyou.
Do you promise I can recover.

Not that I have it anyway I think it's just my anxiety

Literary anyone recover, it is just you need to learn to deal with anxiety by ignoring it. That way your brain will realise those are meaningless thoughts and they will stop coming. Like right now I rarely ever get those thoughts, like maybe once a week and I just let them be until they get out of my head.

Ljthompson10
16-12-16, 19:48
Anyone recover?

And yeah I just need to loose meaning to them. But how do I ignore them if there constantly in my head?

viking111
16-12-16, 19:52
Anyone recover?

And yeah I just need to loose meaning to them. But how do I ignore them if there constantly in my head?

Yea, it is real hard at first, I remember thinking about them too almost every second. You just need to distract yourself for some time, like watching a movie, doing sports, meeting people etc.
And it takes lot of time to accept them and lose them. For me it took full 2 months as my obsession was real bad due to doing compulsions.
Just try to adapt the 'I don't care' attituted towards them and let them be there, like don't try to force yourself not to think about them, just think about them with an open mind and try to distract yourself from time to time and it will get better.
If you are doing real bad sometimes, you can see a therapist and they might help, maybe even perscribe anti anxiety drugs.
Just remember, you will get through that.

Ljthompson10
16-12-16, 20:10
I really don't want medication.

I'm going to beat it.

Isn't it one of the most treatable issues

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

I will beat it. It's not as bad as my health anxiety and I have beaten that

viking111
16-12-16, 20:11
I really don't want medication.

I'm going to beat it.

Isn't it one of the most treatable issues

---------- Post added at 20:10 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

I will beat it. It's not as bad as my health anxiety and I have beaten that

It's literary just your brain having a faulty thought process sensor or whatever it is called that detects those intrusive thoughts as something bad and pumps in anxiety as it thinks something is wrong. And yes, it is fairly easily treated, it just depends on the person, sometimes it takes longer to get rid of it.

Ljthompson10
16-12-16, 20:23
I don't want to be labelled with it tho. It scares me

viking111
16-12-16, 21:20
I don't want to be labelled with it tho. It scares me
It sounds scary, but it is nothing really major. It's just how it is and that does not affect anything else.
Also after recovery from OCD I felt so good and happy and I believe you can too.

Ljthompson10
16-12-16, 21:25
I'm scared I'll never overcome it. Can you live a normal life with it??

viking111
16-12-16, 21:30
I'm scared I'll never overcome it. Can you live a normal life with it??
Pretty much yea, as I said, after recognizing them as nothing but meaningless thoughts, I overcame it and now they practically do not bother me.

Ljthompson10
16-12-16, 21:51
Ok good. David beckham (my idol) has it bad!!

---------- Post added at 21:51 ---------- Previous post was at 21:51 ----------

Put I'd rather have obsessive thoughts than obsessive actions! As you can loose meaning to thoughts!

Ljthompson10
17-12-16, 08:51
Anyway guys I will beat this (I don't think I have OCD anyway) is there a chance I don't have OCD clinically) I'd love to know that. And I'm gonna beat it I promise.

I'm in London now so gonna try and enjoy myself.

I beat my health anxiety so I can this aswell

viking111
17-12-16, 12:19
Anyway guys I will beat this (I don't think I have OCD anyway) is there a chance I don't have OCD clinically) I'd love to know that. And I'm gonna beat it I promise.

I'm in London now so gonna try and enjoy myself.

I beat my health anxiety so I can this aswell

Clinical OCD? Never heard of it. All OCD can be cured and it falls under the same process of getting anxious about a thought. Once you understand that, you learn to ignore them and they have no more power and disappear.
And yes, I am sure you will be fine.

Ljthompson10
17-12-16, 12:26
Has anyone every failed to get rid of it if they use the right techniques and see the right people?

And btw I'm a lot better today. I'm trying to sistract myself and changing the negative thought for a smiley thought

viking111
17-12-16, 12:38
Has anyone every failed to get rid of it if they use the right techniques and see the right people?

And btw I'm a lot better today. I'm trying to sistract myself and changing the negative thought for a smiley thought

Distraction is crucial to get rid of anxiety. Also if you use the right technique to fight anxiety, you cannot fail. It is all in your head and you must stop fighting it for it to pass. Just live life like you would without it and it will go away.

Ljthompson10
17-12-16, 12:46
I will do. I'll log of now. I'll let you know in a few days/weeks how I'm doing.

Let's beat this ey;)

viking111
17-12-16, 12:59
I will do. I'll log of now. I'll let you know in a few days/weeks how I'm doing.

Let's beat this ey;)

Awesome, I am sure you will get trough it. They are just thoughts and nothing more.

Ljthompson10
17-12-16, 13:06
You mean you know I'll ghave tbthrough it;)

Ljthompson10
19-12-16, 12:01
I'm doing a lot better at the minute and I'm trying to stay positive and i had a great trip to london, but i feel my problem lies here:

i have gotten rid of a lot of the compulsions in trying to prove the ridiculous thought wrong all the time. However its almost like the thoughts are trying to frustrate me and come back when I'm feeling myself and happy (which I'm doing more and more now) its like i can't escape them. Its not that they bother me anymore its just the thought of them being there frustrates me a lot!! I've been to to let them be but that hasn't seemed to stop them frustrating me (even though letting them be has stopped them bothering me)!:yahoo:

I'm making progress and am proud of myself but i just now need to know how to stop the thoughts coming back to frustrate me all the time. (they are not even that bad thoughts):bighug1:

opinions please? (they REALLY help)

Lewis x

viking111
19-12-16, 15:37
I'm doing a lot better at the minute and I'm trying to stay positive and i had a great trip to london, but i feel my problem lies here:

i have gotten rid of a lot of the compulsions in trying to prove the ridiculous thought wrong all the time. However its almost like the thoughts are trying to frustrate me and come back when I'm feeling myself and happy (which I'm doing more and more now) its like i can't escape them. Its not that they bother me anymore its just the thought of them being there frustrates me a lot!! I've been to to let them be but that hasn't seemed to stop them frustrating me (even though letting them be has stopped them bothering me)!:yahoo:

I'm making progress and am proud of myself but i just now need to know how to stop the thoughts coming back to frustrate me all the time. (they are not even that bad thoughts):bighug1:

opinions please? (they REALLY help)

Lewis x

Hi!
That's awesome you are feeling better! And it is normal for thoughts to pop in while you are feeling happy. OCD is like a troll that is looking for your weakneses. It might be that you are feeling normal and not wanting to return to the anxiety state that fuels the thoughts. They are trying to scare you and they do tend to frustrate. Just go on and ignore them and eventually, they will go away. Treat them like hiccups, they will be gone once you atop thinking about them, however not instantly. It might take some weeks for them to disappear depending on how anxious you are. Also you could message Terry as he could provide some useful information about this.
Good luck and you will be okay.

Ljthompson10
19-12-16, 15:49
thankyou. They are just so frustrating, but i guess they will be.

SLA
19-12-16, 16:00
OCD is like a troll that is looking for your weakneses. It might be that you are feeling normal and not wanting to return to the anxiety state that fuels the thoughts. They are trying to scare you and they do tend to frustrate.

This implies that there is some separate entity that has its own motives. Whereas I do not really think that is true.

It is simply subconsious thoughts that arise of their own volition. There is no motive behind them. How our consious mind reacts is what seemingly gives them a motive. But I don't thing its accurate or helpful to label them as being this separate entity.

There are plenty of subconsious (or OCD) thoughts that are completely benign and irrelevant, yet they fly under the radar because there is no perceived risk attached.

So while they may seem like they are trying to test us, it is nothing more than our own attachment of meaning to them.

Ljthompson10
19-12-16, 16:35
This implies that there is some separate entity that has its own motives. Whereas I do not really think that is true.

It is simply subconsious thoughts that arise of their own volition. There is no motive behind them. How our consious mind reacts is what seemingly gives them a motive. But I don't thing its accurate or helpful to label them as being this separate entity.

There are plenty of subconsious (or OCD) thoughts that are completely benign and irrelevant, yet they fly under the radar because there is no perceived risk attached.

So while they may seem like they are trying to test us, it is nothing more than our own attachment of meaning to them.

ok, so what makes them come back and frustrate

SLA
19-12-16, 16:41
You are the source of the frustration.

The thoughts come back because you react to them.

When you try and resist having a thought, that thought will happen. Because your react to it your subconscious perceives it as important. So it will throw at you time after time.

It becomes a loop. You react to the thought. You try and resist it. The thought comes back.

The thoughts reduce drastically when you stop trying to resist them.

Ljthompson10
19-12-16, 16:43
You are the source of the frustration.

The thoughts come back because you react to them.

When you try and resist having a thought, that thought will happen. Because your react to it your subconscious perceives it as important. So it will throw at you time after time.

It becomes a loop. You react to the thought. You try and resist it. The thought comes back.

The thoughts reduce drastically when you stop trying to resist them.

thats what I'm working to do, and i think that I'm doing well!!

do i just not react to them then?

and I'm feeling i don't actually have OCD, and that I just have intrusive thoughts, what would mean I have OCD officially?

SLA
19-12-16, 16:49
thats what I'm working to do, and i think that I'm doing well!!

From what I read, I would agree, it seems like you are making great progress. Keep it up!

do i just not react to them then?

No reaction is perfect. But if you want to react make it positive! Once your subconscious realises there is no threat they will subside.

and I'm feeling i don't actually have OCD, and that I just have intrusive thoughts, what would mean I have OCD officially?

Thats how I felt. I have OCD tendencies, but wouldn't classify myself as having full-blown OCD.

Ljthompson10
19-12-16, 18:45
yeah I'm doing quite well. (i hope i keep it up)

but yeah i don't feel like i have OCD or at least it is very mild!!

i think no reaction is what ill go with . is that ok?

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

and how long does it usually take for thoughts to loose meaning and become meaningless?

viking111
19-12-16, 19:33
yeah I'm doing quite well. (i hope i keep it up)

but yeah i don't feel like i have OCD or at least it is very mild!!

i think no reaction is what ill go with . is that ok?

---------- Post added at 18:45 ---------- Previous post was at 16:54 ----------

and how long does it usually take for thoughts to loose meaning and become meaningless?

Depending on your thoughts and how scary you percieve them. I remember I used to have HOCD (fearing that I might be homosexual) which was pretty scary for me at first, but after like a month or two they lost meaning and when they come now, they are completely meaningless and bring me 0 anxiety. OCD is a good way to conquer your mental fears. If you are scared of dying, just accept it and let that fear flow through you without reacting to it and it will disappear forever. I'd say give them few weeks, like 2-3 and they will gradually reduce and not seem so scary.

Ljthompson10
19-12-16, 20:19
ok cool, how about if I try really hard and don't get frustrated by them, do you reckon they could have a reduced fear attached to them and won't become so bloody repetitive by xmas?

I'm trying really hard as I know the results will come :yesyes:

viking111
19-12-16, 20:43
ok cool, how about if I try really hard and don't get frustrated by them, do you reckon they could have a reduced fear attached to them and won't become so bloody repetitive by xmas?

I'm trying really hard as I know the results will come :yesyes:

Yes, you can be cured literary in seconds. And don't try hard, don't try at all. Don't fight them, just live completely ignoring them like they don't exist.

Ljthompson10
19-12-16, 20:50
Yes, you can be cured literary in seconds. And don't try hard, don't try at all. Don't fight them, just live completely ignoring them like they don't exist.

ok awsome!! today I have been improving a LOT after the advice

but they still come back a lot and at times I get frustrated again and it feels like all the work I have done has been lost. But i guess its improvement just not reacting to them each time they come, right?:yahoo:

viking111
19-12-16, 21:41
ok awsome!! today I have been improving a LOT after the advice

but they still come back a lot and at times I get frustrated again and it feels like all the work I have done has been lost. But i guess its improvement just not reacting to them each time they come, right?:yahoo:

Yes, you are improving and you are not losing your improvements. Sometimes thoughts can give you stronger anxiety but that's it, keep ignoring.

Ljthompson10
20-12-16, 08:53
Hey guys, I think my problem lies here...

I know how to beat intrusive thoughts thanks to SLA and Viking111 and believe me that has really helped, however I don't even know what the thought is that is constantly frustrating me, its just like a negative reminder that I have intrusive thoughts and hen ever I'm having fun that negative reminder just pops into my head, and it annoys me SOOO much as I know that without that feeling I wouldn't have as many intrusive thoughts. Its annoying as I can't identify with it to move on.

I know if I beat this Ill be doing a lot better.

Please give advice on how to tackle this, do I just do nothing still (like you should with the identifiable thoughts?)

---------- Post added at 08:53 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

Is this feeling even classed as an intrusive thought? Im pretty sure it is as its an unwanted negative thought, but its more of a negative feeling/reminder??

Please don't think I'm crazy guys I'm still making progress its just i have been struggling with the thought since i woke up today

viking111
20-12-16, 12:49
Hey guys, I think my problem lies here...

I know how to beat intrusive thoughts thanks to SLA and Viking111 and believe me that has really helped, however I don't even know what the thought is that is constantly frustrating me, its just like a negative reminder that I have intrusive thoughts and hen ever I'm having fun that negative reminder just pops into my head, and it annoys me SOOO much as I know that without that feeling I wouldn't have as many intrusive thoughts. Its annoying as I can't identify with it to move on.

I know if I beat this Ill be doing a lot better.

Please give advice on how to tackle this, do I just do nothing still (like you should with the identifiable thoughts?)

---------- Post added at 08:53 ---------- Previous post was at 08:45 ----------

Is this feeling even classed as an intrusive thought? Im pretty sure it is as its an unwanted negative thought, but its more of a negative feeling/reminder??

Please don't think I'm crazy guys I'm still making progress its just i have been struggling with the thought since i woke up today

Might be a little disociation from anxiety, but it passes soon enough. Also I have also had thoughts with no meaning that feel like OCD but aren't really thoughts and yes, you should ignore them.

Ljthompson10
20-12-16, 16:43
Might be a little disociation from anxiety, but it passes soon enough. Also I have also had thoughts with no meaning that feel like OCD but aren't really thoughts and yes, you should ignore them.

OK so deffo nothing out of the ordinary??

i shouldn't worry?

And i have had a much better day than I though I would today:yesyes::yes yes:

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

guys??

viking111
20-12-16, 18:08
OK so deffo nothing out of the ordinary??

i shouldn't worry?

And i have had a much better day than I though I would today:yesyes::yes yes:

---------- Post added at 16:43 ---------- Previous post was at 15:12 ----------

guys??

Yes, you should not worry about any of that. However I would advise not only to seek reasurance, but actually standing in front of your fears and anxiety and defeating them. Like, it is all simple, yet your mind makes it feel difficult.

Ljthompson10
20-12-16, 19:00
sorry mate i don't understand, could you say that again.

Im stupid sorry ahahah

---------- Post added at 19:00 ---------- Previous post was at 18:42 ----------

I have just had a moment, after not reacting to the thought/feelings all day and having one of my best days yet, where I started to think about the negative feeling and now I can't stop thinking about it every 30 seconds, its soooo annoying, I was doing sooooo well!! grrrrrr

I hope my progression hasn't gone to waste as i was getting somewhere!!:yahoo::mad:

viking111
20-12-16, 19:03
No, it is not progressing. What I meant was that you are still afraid of it and that's why you are writing here for me to reassure you. If I keep reassuring you, you will not be able to fight it yourself. Like I mean, you must stop fearing it and it will pass.

Ljthompson10
20-12-16, 20:31
ok, thankyou, I'm just going to say I give in when ever the thought comes in and hope it will loose its meaning

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

should this work??

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

No, it is not progressing. What I meant was that you are still afraid of it and that's why you are writing here for me to reassure you. If I keep reassuring you, you will not be able to fight it yourself. Like I mean, you must stop fearing it and it will pass.

?? but can i ask (last question) when its coming in my head every few seconds and is really making me low, what do I do? How do i react, or what do I say?

Thanks again and thats the last question I think :yesyes::)

viking111
20-12-16, 20:35
ok, thankyou, I'm just going to say I give in when ever the thought comes in and hope it will loose its meaning

---------- Post added at 20:06 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

should this work??

---------- Post added at 20:31 ---------- Previous post was at 20:06 ----------

?? but can i ask (last question) when its coming in my head every few seconds and is really making me low, what do I do? How do i react, or what do I say?

Thanks again and thats the last question I think :yesyes::)
It's not about questions, but about relying on someone else. Like, I can give you an advice, however I cannot cure you without you yourself recognizing the problem. Feel free to ask questions, it is just don't seek reasurance so often and try to fight it yourself. What you are doing is trying to avoid them, but you need to confront them. Like, when a feeling like that comes in, let it be and literary tell it you do not care. Adapt the do not care attituted and it will lose all power.

Ljthompson10
20-12-16, 21:59
ok, I can do that, illl just tell myself I don't care, and that should work right? (over time)

also i just had the weirdest thing a haha

basically i started getting freaked out when i forgot about the negative thought/feeling and i think its because I'm so focused on it and it frustrates me so much, it made me think 'how can the mind forget about something so quickly' and then id remember it again, like a cycle, is this all nothing to worry about, and if I tell myself I don't care about the thoughts/feeling it should work yeah?:yesyes::yesyes:

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

because i have given it so much importance and its been on my mind so much its like I'm now scared to stop thinking the thought! i swear I'm going crazy!! how can i think like this? its getting worse!! i did so well today as well...
This stupid thought is messing my head up and its the only bad one in my head at the minute and its unidentifiable as its not a real thought, morse of a feeling...
Pllease tell me this isn't paranoia or schizophrenia.
please!!!!!!!

viking111
21-12-16, 07:26
ok, I can do that, illl just tell myself I don't care, and that should work right? (over time)

also i just had the weirdest thing a haha

basically i started getting freaked out when i forgot about the negative thought/feeling and i think its because I'm so focused on it and it frustrates me so much, it made me think 'how can the mind forget about something so quickly' and then id remember it again, like a cycle, is this all nothing to worry about, and if I tell myself I don't care about the thoughts/feeling it should work yeah?:yesyes::yesyes:

---------- Post added at 21:59 ---------- Previous post was at 21:41 ----------

because i have given it so much importance and its been on my mind so much its like I'm now scared to stop thinking the thought! i swear I'm going crazy!! how can i think like this? its getting worse!! i did so well today as well...
This stupid thought is messing my head up and its the only bad one in my head at the minute and its unidentifiable as its not a real thought, morse of a feeling...
Pllease tell me this isn't paranoia or schizophrenia.
please!!!!!!!

Again, it is not schizophrenia or paranoia, you are just real scared of anxiety and thoughts, and yes, anxiety can make you feel crazy, scared, like in a new place and it can even cause temporary memory problems, but it all passes and leaves once you stop giving it attention. Always, no matter what, if you get anxious over anything, feeling or thought, you just ignore it because it is nothing.

Ljthompson10
21-12-16, 12:38
ok, gotcha, I have slept well on it and have calmed down a bit now.

But why was I scared of forgetting about the thought?:lac::ohmy:

---------- Post added at 09:15 ---------- Previous post was at 09:14 ----------

I think I've given it way too much power, I meant its not even a real thought:shrug::shrug:

What can it do?

---------- Post added at 12:38 ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 ----------

Guys, I'm doing very well at giving the feeling the "don't care' attitude and i think it may be working, it was great advice.

But something new is bothering me, for some reason when I think of the thought I have a similar frustrating feeling, but this time its different, I'm no longer frustrated at the actual thought, but I have a similar feeling about forgetting about the thought,a nd because elf this I'm building up a fear about forgetting the thought and its really annoying, you will probably think I'm crazy, but I am good at taking advice and it worked with the thought/feeling itself and i realise with negative thoughts I just have to apply the don't care attitude, however now I won't allow myself to forget about the thought as I have almost built up a fear and frustration when I do forget about it its like a cycle. However I believe its because i have given the thought so much power and meaning over me, as I'm not afraid of forgetting anything else or any other thoughts, because I simply don't care about them.

Please don't think I'm crazy, Im just struggling at the minute, I'm just trying not to freak out...

Any advice, I know some of you on here are great with advice.

Ljthompson10
21-12-16, 12:40
Guys, as you know I've been struggling with a thought/feeling that I can't actually identify with as its more just a negative, lingering feeling which frustrates me. however today I'm doing very well at giving the feeling the "don't care' attitude and i think it may be working, it was great advice.

But something new is bothering me, for some reason when I think of the thought I have a similar frustrating feeling, but this time its different, I'm no longer frustrated at the actual thought, but I have a similar feeling about forgetting about the thought,a nd because elf this I'm building up a fear about forgetting the thought and its really annoying, you will probably think I'm crazy, but I am good at taking advice and it worked with the thought/feeling itself and i realise with negative thoughts I just have to apply the don't care attitude, however now I won't allow myself to forget about the thought as I have almost built up a fear and frustration when I do forget about it its like a cycle. However I believe its because i have given the thought so much power and meaning over me, as I'm not afraid of forgetting anything else or any other thoughts, because I simply don't care about them.

Please don't think I'm crazy, Im just struggling at the minute, I'm just trying not to freak out...

Any advice, I know some of you on here are great with advice.

Ljthompson10
21-12-16, 16:55
??? I know that viking111 and SLA have been AMAZING in my progression but this is so annoying!! ahahah

advice would be wonderful:yesyes:

viking111
21-12-16, 17:45
It is all anxiety anyways. OCD can work in feelings, not only thoughts.
All you feel, those are symptoms of anxiety because you are obsessing over something.
I know it might be scary, but ignore literary everything, you're not going crazy and this is common for OCD and other anxiety disorders.
Just calm down and stop caring about them along with trying to distract yourself by reading a book, watching a movie or something along those lines.

Ljthompson10
21-12-16, 18:13
Its sooooo weird tho because its like I do want to forget about the thoughts but whenever I do and realise ethat I have, i get a scared/frustrating thought:ohmy::homy:

Its ridiculous, but quite amusing when I say it out loud,

but is this for sure anxiety and I should therefore still ignore it, yeah?

viking111
22-12-16, 03:27
Its sooooo weird tho because its like I do want to forget about the thoughts but whenever I do and realise ethat I have, i get a scared/frustrating thought:ohmy::homy:

Its ridiculous, but quite amusing when I say it out loud,

but is this for sure anxiety and I should therefore still ignore it, yeah?

Yes, what other thing should you do if not ignore. Anxiety works in many different forms.

viking111
23-12-16, 08:45
Hi!
As I said before, anxiety can be in literary any form or shape, sometimes those are thoughts, sometimes feelings and sometimes combination of both. There have even been times for me when it was nothing, I just had a bad feeling that said I need to do compulsions for it to end. And you are not going crazy, it is just your OCD is seeking things to frustrate you which is normal in recovery. Just continue ignoring that and distracting yourself with some good things and think more positively.

Elen
23-12-16, 09:46
threads merged