PDA

View Full Version : Any success with flouxitine?

Benisfked123
16-12-16, 19:41
I was given fleouxitine and was just wondering what's people's story's with it, will it help ?

PunkyFish
16-12-16, 20:59
I was given fleouxitine and was just wondering what's people's story's with it, will it help ?

I've been on Fluxoetine for four months now after having anxiety with depression which was getting worse. This medication has really helped me lessen my anxiety and lift my depressed mood. I no longer feel negative all the time and my anxiety is less and more controllable. It does take time for it to work and it does come with side effects at first. Side effects for me was tiredness and weight loss which seemed to die down after a few weeks.

It took about two to three months for me to feel the full benefit of the medication. It does take time for it to work so you do need to be patient. I also needed a dosage increase as well in my sixth week. After about four months the medication is still working brilliantly for me. I've had a very stressful and hetic week this week due to a job change which prior to me taking this medication I know I would of slipped back into my old anxious and depressed mood as I'm not very good with change. However because of this medication I have coped very well and have although felt some anxiety it was much less than usual and much more controllable.

All the best. :)

Benisfked123
16-12-16, 22:05
Wonderful! I've been on it for a few days and I've been feeling abit weird and tired but my therapist said i may have weird/funny feelings at first. But as I suffer with derealisation 24/7 it feels as if it's worsened it. But I'm sure this medicine just needs time to work. Thanks for the reply it makes me feel better about it !

PunkyFish
17-12-16, 18:25
Wonderful! I've been on it for a few days and I've been feeling abit weird and tired but my therapist said i may have weird/funny feelings at first. But as I suffer with derealisation 24/7 it feels as if it's worsened it. But I'm sure this medicine just needs time to work. Thanks for the reply it makes me feel better about it !

My anxiety did get a bit worse for the first few weeks and you may get worse before you get better. If you have any concerns you need to speak to your therapist. Hang in there! :)