PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone!

BrokenBrain
16-12-16, 21:21
I just registered here so I thought to introduce myself.

I'm 32 and been suffering from GAD for 18 years. I also had an extreme social anxiety and OCD for about 10 years, and an ongoing depression that goes hand in hand with the anxiety. So basically, my head is a mess.

I've been on numerous different meds, did 3 years of CBT and stayed in a psych ward for 3 months at one point. I recently tried to be without meds (citalopram) for 4 months and I've sunk somewhere so deep and dark that I had to start taking them again.

I feel like I've done pretty much everything I possibly can to beat the anxiety yet it still remains. Compared to what it was it has gotten a lot better, but it's still something that ruins my life. So basically... I'm here to seek anything that might help.

venusbluejeans
16-12-16, 21:28
Hiya BrokenBrain and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

randomforeigner
17-12-16, 08:07
Isn't that the Finnish flag there, in the corner? Then I wish to send a special greeting to you from the Nordics! I know someone who got a bit of help from - and this will pretty Scandi-oriented, apologise to the rest of you guys - being a volunteer at this hostel, see link here, right panel "volunteering 2017", it could be something to check out perhaps if you have tried a lot of other things and not found any help there. Headline reads "Vi söker volontärer!" http://birgittaskloster.se/sv/ I just wanted to share as it actually might be helpful, although it's not for everyone, obviously, but think it might be an option to look closer at, if you're from Finland (it's so nearby, near being a relative concept of course, but I feel Finland to be really close to my country).

BrokenBrain
18-12-16, 11:16
Isn't that the Finnish flag there, in the corner? Then I wish to send a special greeting to you from the Nordics!.

That's right, I'm from the country that always gets beaten by you guys (in hockey that is) :D

Thanks for the link, I will check it out!