PDA

View Full Version : Please help me

mila
17-12-16, 00:02
I am so scared right now. Before I would have been at A&E by now but not I have two small kids and that always makes me rethink that as it really isn't practical making impulsive trips to out of hours or A&E, but stopping me from panicking, that one is hard to stop.
I have been having a tickly cough for over a week with yucky stuff coming out of my throath and nose in the morning and throat feeling like the stuff is just stuck there. I get this once in a while, i always thought it'd from my sinuses, sometimes the tickle is less but other times the tickly cough lingers like now and it sounds so awful and loud when it happens. Last night i suddenly felt like my nose is blocked and that I can't breathe. I have a fear of feeling I can't beathe so I panicked straight away. Just to mention that just in the morning yesterday I went to the doctor and she gave me antibiotics, she said she couldn't hear anythinf listening to my chest but she didn't like the slund of my cough and since it is going to be Christmas better to start on some. I have a peak flow meter, kept it from ages ago when I felt like I couldn't breathe, sometimes when I feel it and use the meter and my reading is fine, I stop panicking. So I went to do it and normally I do between 400 to 450 but now it was like 380 if I try hard and even 350. I had it about 380 to 400 before when I had similar cough and phlegm but it sort of made my fear that I can't breathe real! I can't tell myself you are fine. Now I keep worrying how bad it will get. Today i have used the meter so many times my chest os hurting from blowing. I don't know what to do.

roseanxiety
17-12-16, 00:33
Sounds like you have an upper respiratory infection. Throw the inspirometer away! Your antibiotics will kick in by tomorrow and you will start to feel,better.

mila
17-12-16, 08:46
Thank you for your response, I should really ditch the metwr! But it is easier said then done...i am worried i got bronchitis or something and that these antibiotics won't work, it's the same amoxicillin i get almost every time i was given antibiotics so I just kind of worry they won't do much. We are going on a journey this afternoon, seeing my friend off to the airport down south and I am panicking that maybe it will make me worse.