PDA

View Full Version : Positive update for my forum friends

Andy1718
17-12-16, 10:17
Hi guys,

It has been a while. So I am a true testament that things do get better, not 100% but much better. I have been on cit for 6 months now at 20mg. My original anxiety has always been there at an early age but was really bad in May with the death of my father and work related stress as a teacher. I returned to work this September and have done a whole term without being off. So has cit helped me?
Most definitely. I am pretty much back to my normal self having been in a very bad way. I am ok at work although the job is very stressful it doesn't seem to bother me as much and my demeanour has certainly been more positive. I do get days of anxiety out of the blue and sometimes use propranolol to calm me down but that is not very often. I still have hang up about meetings and being in staff briefings etc but the more I am doing this the more I am ok with it. My thoughts now turn to whether this is me for life or do i taper off?

I certainly feel I rely on the tablet and freak a little if I haven't taken it even though it may be a placebo effect. I just wanted to post to say that no matter how bad you feel at the moment it will eventually get better. Learn about your issues, understand them, except that its not a quick fix, exercise and take love and support from others. Its amazing to read that the issues of stress and anxiety are extremely common and your are not alone.

flipp
17-12-16, 10:54
A nice positive post,Andy hope you continue to do well.

Karina.x

brucealmighty
17-12-16, 11:42
thats great to read Andy, I was on cit for years and you are always thinking `am I ok now or is it the pills?` and in my experience its a bit of both. they help you to get back on an even keel but once you`ve got your sleep, lifestyle, support systems etc in place then you can start to think about tapering off but I`d have the talk with your gp first.
I took way longer to come off than most people but I am nervous by nature and was expecting a crash. it didn`t come but I felt `off` for a good number of weeks and stayed on 10mg then 5mg on alternate days probably for a total of 12 months

like yourself I really don`t like meetings but I never did even when I was pre-breakdown, I still don`t like argumentative people who enjoy upsetting others just to get a reaction, and as long as I live I`ll never like standing in a queue in a hot shop. Its just not good for you!

anyway, whatever you decide its a lovely thing to do to post encouraging words on here for others who are struggling, best of luck with everything.

Primula
17-12-16, 12:46
That's good news. Helps to know there is light at the end of the tunnel.

swgrl09
17-12-16, 12:49
This is really great to read :hugs:

pollynewsome
18-12-16, 06:16
Great post Andy. Keep happy. Xx

Mummytofour
18-12-16, 19:32
Great to hear some positive news. X