PDA

View Full Version : Sound phosphenes and other list of symptoms. Is it MS?

Noclip1
17-12-16, 18:59
Hello, lately, I've been getting anxiety probems or hypochondria with MS fears and I am wondering if you guys have these (all or some) without MS. My first symptom was coordination problems or maybe I am just overthinking it, but when I was 13 and happens sometimes as well today as I'm 21 now, I would walk and at random times, my ankle would sort of roll and I would not walk in a straight line or if I tried to walk in a straight line, I would lose balance to one side at times. Is this a real balance issue and is it MS? I tried walking in a straight line and didn't have any problems and as of today, It only happens sometimes when I would be walking and my foot would sort of go one way and I would bump into things. Anybody have a somewhat poor walking balance that doesn't have multiple sclerosis? Also, I would walk and my legs would randomly give out at random; is this MS and do you guys have this too without ms?

My other symptoms include seeing trails behind moving objects, sleeping at night in pitch black and if I hear a sound, I can see a flash of light and also seeing flashes of vertical or horizontal lightning like flashes on edges of vision if I shift my eyes depending if I shift them vertically or horizontally; this happens in bright light or pitch black. I also had a random pain on my left pointy finger and years ago, I had random tingles on my head and face that went away. I also have ASMR, so when I hear a soothing voice or something soothing, I can get a tingle in my head.

So are these MS symptoms? Who has ASMR, random tingles in face and head, walking issues described above, legs randomly giving out, sound and eye movement phosphenes described above, and trails behind moving objects (palinopsia) that doesn't have multiple sclerosis?

Thank you guys!

Edit: more symptoms: i also seem to have a bigger natural blindspot in my vision. This is the blindspot I'm talking about: (please see blind spot vision on wikipedia)

Mine seems enlarged and a blind spot is noticed with one eye closed and can happen at any distance for example, I can make a large 52 inch TV disappear close to the corner of my vision with one eye closed if I look beside the tv about 8 feet away or if I look at a door at about 20 feet away, I can make the door disappear with one eye closed and looking beside it; so I can have an enlarged blindspot at any distance and not just a few cm talked about in the wiki article. I had eye exams and no optic neuritis was found. Anyone also have an enlarged natural blindspot that happens at any distance without MS?

swgrl09
17-12-16, 19:09
I don't know much about MS (and am glad I don't so it doesn't become an HA focus for me). It is a common fear here and there is a pinned thread on it that may be useful for you:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=42556

Noclip1
17-12-16, 22:25
Thanks for the reply. I'll check out the link.

One last thing, had anyone had chronic fatigue that went away that doesn't have MS? Maybe i'm overthinking this one too but 6 years ago in my mid teens, i was tired all the time and it could be that I didn't get much sleep since that was what happened in my mid teen years. Now I am not tired all the time, just sometimes if I don't sleep well. Is there anyone that had or has chronic fatigue that doesn't have MS?

Tbh, i probably never even had chronic fatigue, I just slept poorly in my early teen years and now I can sleep well and I feel fine and energetic.