PDA

View Full Version : Hepatitis from a pin?

UnhappyWorrier
18-12-16, 15:28
Hello, I've been experiencing anxiety related to possible exposure.

I work in an office and I've pricked my finger with a pin one or two times. Recently I've overhead a conversation between my coworkers and one of them talked about her health issues. I didn't hear the entirety of it, but she talked about getting something from a tattoo.

So I started worrying about pricking my finger. I've never seen her prick her finger with the same pin that I did, but in theory it's possible. If she had pricked her finger before me, should I be worried? I know hepatitis is more durable than HIV.

Fishmanpa
18-12-16, 16:26
In theory anything is possible like getting hit by lightning on a clear day or being hit by a meteor.... see where I'm going with this? The leap from a random pin prick to Hep is akin to throwing a rock at the moon and hitting it :)

Positive thoughts

UnhappyWorrier
18-12-16, 16:38
You are right, it is highly unlikely. I'm just wondering if she had pricked her finger before me, would I be in any danger. I know you can't get HIV this way, but I've heard Hep is easier to get.

Fishmanpa
18-12-16, 16:48
You are right, it is highly unlikely. I'm just wondering if she had pricked her finger before me, would I be in any danger. I know you can't get HIV this way, but I've heard Hep is easier to get.

Ok... listen... First off she has to have Hep (what are the chances?), secondly, you'd have to poke her with a pin, draw blood, then immediately poke yourself and draw blood so they mix and even then it's really iffy! Are you shooting heroin together? No? Then I wouldn't even fancy the thought.

Just be careful of those meteors ;)

Positive thoughts

UnhappyWorrier
18-12-16, 18:05
Ok... listen... First off she has to have Hep (what are the chances?), secondly, you'd have to poke her with a pin, draw blood, then immediately poke yourself and draw blood so they mix and even then it's really iffy! Are you shooting heroin together? No? Then I wouldn't even fancy the thought.

Just be careful of those meteors ;)

Positive thoughts

Thank you for your reply. I'll try not to think about it because I usually think too much and create bad scenarios. I didn't even think about that pin until I heard a story about hepatitis on the news, which led to me remembering the conversation I overheard and pricking the finger.