PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety do this?

Benisfked123
18-12-16, 19:51
Can an anxiety disorder cause pains whilst breathing ? Like mild and bad pains?
I've seen my doctor and he said there is nothing sinister happening to my lungs. So can this be my anxiety disorder ?

Stecakes
18-12-16, 19:54
muscle tension in your back could cause it ,
and anxiety can cause muscle tension.
are you always tense, sit with shoulders toward, or grind your teeth ?

Benisfked123
18-12-16, 19:56
muscle tension in your back could cause it ,
and anxiety can cause muscle tension.
are you always tense, sit with shoulders toward, or grind your teeth ?

Yea I grind my teeth a lot and move my jaw about as it just feels as I need to, and yeah I do sit with my shoulders forward

Stecakes
18-12-16, 20:02
this is likely causing your pain
Try to be more aware of your posture, try not to slump , and try to keep your shoulders from sitting forward. you may benefit from a using a mouth guard at night

Benisfked123
18-12-16, 20:16
this is likely causing your pain
Try to be more aware of your posture, try not to slump , and try to keep your shoulders from sitting forward. you may benefit from a using a mouth guard at night

I have noticed my posture slip of out place since experiencing this anxiety, I will focus more on it. You sound as if you're quite good with anxiety, have you got any tips for overcoming being so jiggy? I'm constantly moving a body part I cba never seem to relax. Wether it's shaking my legs, or foot it's always happening. Also thanks for the replys it makes me feel better knowing it's part of my anxiety

Stecakes
18-12-16, 20:29
I'm more experienced in the fitness side of things , but I can tell you , I've lost count of the
amount of people I see with your complaint.
undoubtably your anxiety is playing a role here, but you can overcome the physical symptoms with some self awareness and mild lifestyle changes.
as for the phycological side of things, you may benefit from some cognitive behaviour therapy ?

Benisfked123
18-12-16, 20:33
I'm more experienced in the fitness side of things , but I can tell you , I've lost count of the
amount of people I see with your complaint.
undoubtably your anxiety is playing a role here, but you can overcome the physical symptoms with some self awareness and mild lifestyle changes.
as for the phycological side of things, you may benefit from some cognitive behaviour therapy ?

I'm going to sort that out as soon as I can (seeing the cognitive therapist), I definitely need a lifestyle change as i never leave the house and am scared to do simple things. Thanks so much for the help!