PDA

View Full Version : Antibiotics side effects or something else?

lunam
18-12-16, 23:38
Hello!
I haven't had much anxiety over something in months now but it's finally returned lol, I was prescribed antibiotics (lymecycline) for my acne in late September and everything was fine but for 2 or 3 weeks now I've been feeling bloated, nauseous and I don't have any appetite. I initially put these symptoms down to me being a vegetarian (became one very, very recently) and it only occurred to me a few days ago that they are actually side effects of my medication. The one thing that is really giving me anxiety is that at night when I look at my phone screen or something bright I see a line of bright light/flashes of bright light? I checked the side effects of my antibiotics and "visual disturbances" is listed but I've googled and googled and no one else seems to be experiencing this side effect, I then fell down a loophole of googling retinal detachment and I'm basically in a state of panic right now, what makes matters worse is that I'm going on holiday for Christmas tomorrow so I'm unable to see a doctor until after the 26th.

The bright flashes are only in one eye and have been happening before my nausea, if it was retinal detachment I would be blind by now, right? I know I should get an opinion of a doctor but there's not much I can do now apart from worry. :( I'm also 17 and I know that eye problems (floaters, flashing lights) shouldn't happen until I'm much older and that worries me too. I HATE taking medication because of the side effects so now I just want to stop taking them straight away but I can't without my doctors approval.

I'm so sorry about how long that was I'm just really worried right now (as many of you can probably relate to), any words will be helpful to me, thank you.

Stecakes
18-12-16, 23:48
detached retina would likely present more symptoms than just the flashes,
also from what I remember the flashes of light are usually red when linked to
detached retina.
your meds clearly state visual disturbance as a possible side effect
it would be logical to think that this is what it is

lunam
18-12-16, 23:53
detached retina would likely present more symptoms than just the flashes,
also from what I remember the flashes of light are usually red when linked to
detached retina.
your meds clearly state visual disturbance as a possible side effect
it would be logical to think that this is what it is

Ah, okay. I'll definitely try to keep thinking it's just my meds then, thank you very much for replying! I appreciate it. :)