PDA

View Full Version : 2cm squidgy lymphnode in neck?

Mav
19-12-16, 00:57
Very worried.

The other side there seems to be a lymph node however not quite detectable and much smaller.

I just noticed them recently, never felt my neck before then. I've made the area sore by poking and proding.

I don't have a sold atm :( I do need a filling though.

Stecakes
19-12-16, 01:57
squidgy doesn't sound sinister and it's normal to feel one side easier than the other
if your really worried maybe speak to your gp to put your mind at rest

Mav
19-12-16, 02:04
squidgy doesn't sound sinister and it's normal to feel one side easier than the other
if your really worried maybe speak to your gp to put your mind at rest

It's 2am right now so I'll book an appointment later but my mind is filled with "what ifs?"

I really am so frightened :( It's quite flat but I poked and prodded the area so much these past few days that I think I've made the are swell a bit.

I cant feel any round or oval shape, just a flat, long squidgy area that moves up and down when I press on it with my two fingers :(

I can't help but this its lymphoma or something sinister.

Stecakes
19-12-16, 02:10
ok let's look at this logically for a moment.
it's a lymph nodes job to raise/swell . these are reactive nodes
you have no other symptoms to speak of
you have to make a massive leap of imagination to get from here to lymphoma
this doesn't point to lymphoma
you're poking and prodding will make it worse though.

Mav
19-12-16, 02:15
ok let's look at this logically for a moment.
it's a lymph nodes job to raise/swell . these are reactive nodes
you have no other symptoms to speak of
you have to make a massive leap of imagination to get from here to lymphoma
this doesn't point to lymphoma
you're poking and prodding will make it worse though.

I understand,I've probably had it for awhile and just never felt it before.

Deep down I know I'm okay and it's just the anxious voices taking over, so at the same time it feels like I shouldn't be too calm about it "just in case".

I don't have any symptoms and I'm perfectly fine tbh.

I am going to make a doctors appointment even though that frightens me more than the lymph node itself.

Stecakes
19-12-16, 02:22
don't be frightened, doc will put your mind at rest

Fishmanpa
19-12-16, 02:31
I know about swollen nodes as a H&N cancer survivor and I wouldn't even bother with the doctor tbh. Even doctors have difficulty estimating node size so you can't be close with your estimation. You've poked and prodded to the point that you've made the area sore and it may not even be a node you're feeling! You have no other issue to speak of (other than anxiety) so do you best to stop poking and prodding and things will settle down.

Positive thoughts

Mav
19-12-16, 12:45
I know about swollen nodes as a H&N cancer survivor and I wouldn't even bother with the doctor tbh. Even doctors have difficulty estimating node size so you can't be close with your estimation. You've poked and prodded to the point that you've made the area sore and it may not even be a node you're feeling! You have no other issue to speak of (other than anxiety) so do you best to stop poking and prodding and things will settle down.

Positive thoughts

Sorry you had to go through that.

:( Is it possible I've made is swell from all the poking and prodding because it feels larger(not larger but easier to feel) today, however it's still squidgy.

I don't understand why it's come about because I haven't had a cold or anything recently, I did have an on and off ear ache last week but I don't believe it's from that, but rather it's been there for awhile and I've never felt it before:-/.

Fishmanpa
19-12-16, 12:50
Is it possible I've made it swell from all the poking and prodding because it feels larger(not larger but easier to feel) today, however it's still squidgy. .

Absolutely. If it is a node and you've been poking and prodding, it will swell in reaction. Do it too much and it can become shotty (permanently swollen).

Positive thoughts

Mav
19-12-16, 13:24
Absolutely. If it is a node and you've been poking and prodding, it will swell in reaction. Do it too much and it can become shotty (permanently swollen).

Positive thoughts

I'm sorry if I'm bothering you, I just can't seem to get it off my mind. When I twist my head I can see the area poke out a little, surely this is a cause for concern?

I am going to go to the doctor just to hear what he says :( I wish I wasn't in this anxious spiral but I'm stuck deep in it.

I have a job interview tomorrow and I'm hoping I can compose myself well enough for it with this thing on my mind. :weep::weep::weep::weep:

Fishmanpa
19-12-16, 13:30
No more reassurance for you! :lac: :D Good luck with the interview! :yesyes:

Positive thoughts