PDA

View Full Version : Can anxiety cause these symptoms? Or something more serious?

scullys
19-12-16, 07:15
For about the past week I've been experiencing what I think are increasingly worsening symptoms that are related to a sinus infection. I originally started out just having a dull headache on and off, but that eventually spread to a mild pressure behind my eyes and eventually all throughout my head/face. There are times where it feels like my eyelids are swollen or I can barely keep them open. The pressure lately has also been the worst on the top of my head and my forehead.

My neck has also started to feel very stiff, particularly the back and left side of it, leading up to the back of my head. There's a slight burning sensation as well. At times my throat feels like it's constricting and when I swallow I feel like I can't breathe for a few moments.

I don't have a runny nose at all. In fact, it's quite the opposite and I feel very dried out. My nose, my eyes, my skin. If there is any mucus, I usually feel it sliding down the back of my throat (it is very thick, clear, and sticky.) My ears have also felt plugged at times and pop if I blow my nose (although I try to avoid doing that too often as there is usually a little blood) or swallow enough. Feelings of lightheadedness and dizziness are common as well. I've also just noticed that there appears to be a small marble-sized lump under my left jaw. I don't know if that's normal and I've never noticed it before or what. But it hurts occasionally and that adds to my worry even more.

I've done some research an I'm very worried. I am almost 21 years old and was diagnosed with anxiety when I was 10. I've experienced various levels of anxiety throughout my life. I've been told what I'm experiencing could be something as serious as sphenoid sinusitis or just simply physical manifestations of my anxiety, especially since I'm not taking any medication right now.

I've just been so worried about what's been going on with me and I would appreciate any thoughts, insights, or reassurances greatly. I am just so scared that there is something seriously wrong with me and it gets worse with each passing day. Thank you.

Fishmanpa
19-12-16, 12:12
Sounds like the sinus crud is running it's course. They say a cold takes a week to catch, a week to have and a week to get rid of which when you think about it, is about right. A nasty bug takes about 3 weeks to a month to totally get rid of.

Positive thoughts