PDA

View Full Version : Heart Worries

Tindra
19-12-16, 13:18
I've been worried about my heart quite a bit ever since I noticed I have anxiety. Now I decided to ask you people if any of you have similar symptoms, or have any tips on how to deal with this.

So. I was sitting on the train today, coming from school. I was watching a video on my phone, and suddenly I felt like something happened in my chest. I don't really know how to describe it. It felt like something stopped (either breathing or heart). It lasted a very short time, probably not even a second.
When I tried my pulse a bit later, and my heart was beating faster than usual.

Now I'm sitting here at home. I occasionally feel a tiny bit woozy and nauseous (it comes and goes). It might be caused by anxiety over what happened, but IDK. ;w;

I've had similar 'stopping' feelings before, but it's still making me worry. Especially since I've had quite a bit of passing, small aches/pains in my arms /hand (especially left) and back (might be caused by the fact that I have a pretty sedimentary lifestyle).

And if anyone's asking, I don't drink coffee. I haven't eaten much sugar today (two pieces of chocolate) nor have I been drinking soda today.

So yeah, does anyone have tips etc? :weep:

SLA
19-12-16, 13:54
Just because it felt like something "stopped" doesn't mean it actually did. We feel things that aren't there regularly, and our brain can misinterpret sensations.

It was probably just a slight adrenaline surge. Which is why you panicked and had a raised heart-rate.

Do not worry about it. Make sure you fix your sedentary lifestyle. That will help your anxiety immensely.

Good luck.

Tindra
19-12-16, 14:12
Thank you, SLA. :')
I get worried easily, so if anything's going on with my chest I instantly flip.

Yeah, I've started to work on it a bit, actually. Currently taking it a bit slow, though.