PDA

View Full Version : Worrying about everything

shazbog
19-12-16, 14:56
Well here I go again - I seem to always come back to constant worrying and once I start I spiral out of control with it .....

Well ultimately I think it is me obsessing about every single thing I possibly can - I have a larger than normal lymph node in my neck/ha area that has been the same for possibly 5 years and has remained bigger than average since I had an abcess in wisdom tooth years ago which they refused to remove as to close to facial nerves - well I am now totally in overdrive over this along with a constant mucus throats and making me feel a lump there - no issues eating etc but I cannot stop thinking about it and am convincing myself I ha w some kind of cancer to the point I feel I cannot be bothered to do anything whatsoever and feeling very overwhelmed and tearful - if I am distracted I don't notice any of these things so much but cannot focus on anything else other than what I fear ...... I have spent far to many years worrying like this and just want it to go away and leave me alone

SLA
19-12-16, 15:05
Alright Shaz!

So lets start with something simple.

I just want it to go away and leave me alone

OK. That is not going to happen. Sorry, but it won't.

So, the thing you "want" needs to be better. Something like...

I just want to learn how to manage it so that I can go about life as normal...

Would that be a good start?