PDA

View Full Version : It's back, who will take control!!

lozzie02
19-12-16, 21:28
Hi all,

So I havnt visited the site now for about a year or so. My health anxiety peaked after my second child but after a year i got on top of it and could 'manage'.

So I have a lovely 6month old, my third baby boy and guess what.....it's back!!!

I so far have acknowledged it, address it, told it to do one (didn't work) and now after my first go appointment off the back of it today I finally feel like it's taking control of me more than the other way round. So I am back and hoping to get the support from you fellow like minded individuals, in the hope of kicking it to a manageable level once again.

So far I am suffering with nausea, head pressure in the back of my head constant, foggy head, dizzyness, clumsiness, weekness in muscles, numb cheeks and hand tremors!
So in my head I am obviously thinking brain tumour, Dr google says brain tumour so again must be one!! I am concerned with this one due to the numbness and loss of balance.
Has anyone else suffered like this and it be purely there anxiety??

From one exhausted mother both physically and mentally!!

swajj
19-12-16, 22:18
Yes I have. In fact, my first episode of HA started a few months after the birth of my son. The psychiatrist told me that hormonal changes from pregnancy etc had contributed to the onset of my HA. You should consider the possibility that this is what is happening with you. I needed counselling to overcome my HA. I believe that everyone needs counselling to overcome HA, but that's just me. Anyway every symptom you mentioned I have had and many, many more. The longer you wait the worse it will get. This should be a joyful time for you with your new baby don't let HA spoil it.

emmegee
19-12-16, 23:11
Yes I have. In fact, my first episode of HA started a few months after the birth of my son. The psychiatrist told me that hormonal changes from pregnancy etc had contributed to the onset of my HA. You should consider the possibility that this is what is happening with you. I needed counselling to overcome my HA. I believe that everyone needs counselling to overcome HA, but that's just me. Anyway every symptom you mentioned I have had and many, many more. The longer you wait the worse it will get. This should be a joyful time for you with your new baby don't let HA spoil it.

Well stated. I find we are vulnerable and need help. And I often think I can handle an episode when it first begins but it just gets worse. Spirals out of control.

I also had post-partum depression. Those hormonal changes really do a number on us...