PDA

View Full Version : Dread getting through each day

Jo1970
20-12-16, 08:25
Just getting through each day or at least the thought of it fills me with dread. Does anyone else get like this?

NoraB
20-12-16, 09:15
I have days like this.

When I have a bad day, it's easy to think the next day will be as bad and to dread it so I try to tell myself that I'm having a difficult day but I'm ok and I'll get through it as I always have. Tomorrow is another day and I've felt good before so why not tomorrow? If I wake up and tomorrow is the same, that's ok because no matter how bad I feel there is always something positive to take from the day, like my little boy doing his crazy dance or five minutes stroking my insane lurcher. I'll cling to those happy thoughts when the dark ones threaten to overwhelm me and I'll work on relaxation and breathing exercises.

However, If I wake up and it's a better day...

:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

There is a lot to be said for living in the present.

ana
20-12-16, 11:57
I get this, too. It seems like there's always something to worry about. Each day brings different stresses to cope with. I think just focusing on one day at a time without expecting it to be either bad or good is the key to relaxing. Just be open to the possibility that it might be bad....but it might not be. :)