PDA

View Full Version : I feel like I still have to pee after I pee

stressedanxious
20-12-16, 09:29
This started in my pregnancy I felt like after I peed if i waited a few minutes a little bit more pee would come out . The doctor said the baby was probably sitting on my bladder or something . Well 3 months after I have given birth I still get this symptom I'm totally scared it's something serious. They made me do a urine sample at my 6 week after giving birth apppointment and they didn't say I have a urinairty tract infection so I'm really scared I've waited too long and it's something deadly . I hate this !!!!! I am so scared . After I pee if I wait I feel like a little bit more pee comes out .

Hopefulmi
20-12-16, 12:58
In pregnancy it likely was the baby. Now it's probably a UTI, or weak pelvic muscles. Hand another sample in xx

Fishmanpa
20-12-16, 14:38
"I feel like I still have to pee after I pee"

Welcome to my world... the world of an older adult male with the inevitable prostate issues ~lol~

That being said, anxiety and the fight or flight response can make it so you constantly feel as if you have to go. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms#Kidneys_urgency_to_urinate_frequent_urina tion_sudden_urge_to_go_to_the_toilet)

Positive thoughts

GlassPinata
02-01-17, 13:47
I've had this issue since my first child was born, and he's almost 27 now (I had him at a very young age).
It is more an annoyance than anything.
If I sit there waiting, no more pee will come out. If I actually get up and pull my pants up.... then I suddenly have to pee a little bit more, so I sit down again and do it.
When I'm in the grip of anxiety or panic, it is much worse. I can't seem to empty my bladder no matter how I try. I think the muscles tighten up to the point that it's hard for the pee to come out.
:shrug:

Rosanna
02-01-17, 14:34
I may as well help you guys out, i've had this for 20 years now, but if I knew what I know now I'd have probably been able to break the habit.

Firstly it's always important to check with your doctor but once you've been told it's nothing serious, here's what I know.

The bladder is never empty, even when we've just emptied it. We think it's empty but actually what's happened is the sensation of needing to pee has gone because that only (usually) comes when the muscle is stretched (when the bladder is full), but the bladder isn't actually empty (the kidney is filtering urine into it pretty much constantly). A urology nurse explained to me years ago that even by the time you're wiping (sorry, lol) and standing up to flush, there is most like another 50ml of urine already in the bladder. that's the bit that some of us are sensitive to and can squeeze out. And what's more, once we've done that, we can get into a cycle of being aware of the next 50mls or few drops or whatever and then we have to go again, etc.

Since I've learned this I'm fine during the day I just get up and ignore it and the feeling goes away, but I'm dreadful at night before bed, because I think the sensation won't let me sleep. So I still have something of a ritual with this but I've learned to live with it.

In someone where this is only just starting I would say now's the time to really work on it (as long as medical tests are clear), work on just walking away. If you're only peeing just one more time and then are comfortable, where's the harm in that? That's just the bladder muscle being a bit twitchy. But if it becomes repetitive then I would do my best to try and stop the habit.

I don't have any sense of urgency with it, just an irritating tingle, just a feeling that I've left a few drops inside and haven't properly emptied. I guess it's harder if someone feels urgency but then for me, the tingle is so irritating I often give in to it and go back to the bathroom even though it's not urgent. Weird! lol.

Female hormones do play a part, my symptoms are worse at certain times of the month, so I expect that explains why pregnancy is an issue for some.

Anyway, hope some of this helps.