PDA

View Full Version : Sebaceous cyst worry

Bonnibelle
20-12-16, 10:31
I am prone to sebaceous cysts I get them occasionally behind my ear or just under the lobe. They're always very painful, feel like jelly. They go down and become less sore after a week. I have seen my GP about them before and he said to me unless they go red hot with a yellow boil type head we leave them.

I have had one a few days now behind my left ear. It is very sore, not red or hot, just very sore. I am wiping the area with TCP and am picking up some antibiotic cream the GP gives me from time to time if I get them. I haven't seen him about it. I have myself in such a state about it, keep crying and worrying what if it's infected and it spreads and causes sepsis.

My hubby has looked at it and he said it's a little bit smaller than a smartie, that kind of shape, isn't red and just feels fluid filled. I am panicking because it's so sore and I feel so afraid of leaving it. There are no GP appointments now before Christmas, and I hate taking oral antibiotics as I have a very sensitive stomach with IBS at the moment. MY husband says I don't even need the GP and to relax but me being me because it is sore I keep feeling terrified what if it causes a bad infection, it's made my anxiety rocket. I have a few glands up below the ear but again that always happens when my cysts flare up. My temperature is also normal.

Any reassurance? I keep worrying myself silly and feel sick with the worry. I am dreading visitors this week as I feel so rundown and not up to any of it :-( Stress and anxiety has washed me out.

Phuzella
20-12-16, 16:58
Couldn't you get in to see a nurse at the doctors? Or a chemist? Just to put your mind at rest

Sande
21-12-16, 20:50
I can't comment on the cyst as I have never had one but I know how you feel, I have septic pharyngitis and I'm so scared of septic shock, sepsis and meningitis. What a start to Christmas time. Hopefully the antibiotic cream helps.