PDA

View Full Version : Is It Alcohol Thats The Problem?

samtheman
10-04-07, 09:53
It clicked on me this morning what seems to trigger my anxiety, Alcohol. I don't drink alot, maybe 6-10 pints a weekend, and when I'm drinking i'm fine, its the day after that the problem.

I'm fine the next day when at home, but as soon as I venture out Im guaranteed to get constant diahorea, I get nervous, get panic attacks and in turn get very agressive.

Could it be the alcohol? I also notice this after I have say 1 pint after work.

jo61
10-04-07, 09:58
Hi Sam, unfortunately alcohol does exacerbate anxiety. I've found that when I'm going through a bad patch I have to stay off it altogether. When I'm well I can have a glass or two of wine but that's it.

honeybee3939
10-04-07, 10:10
Hi Sam

Yes its probably the alcohol thats making you feel like this. Im just the same if i drink. I had 4 glasses of wine Saturday evening and on Sunday i felt terrible, i never left the house as my anxiety was sky high. I have learnt my lesson now i hope:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: .

Love

Andrea
xxxx

Baggs
10-04-07, 10:36
Sam, I am an alcoholic so can speak with some authority. I used booze for years and it worked, BUT there is a price to be paid - there is no such thing as a free lunch. You want a quick fix, booze will do it but it will also bite you on the bum. I give no advice, merely the alternatives - you stick to drinking to "fix" things and you may end up like me. You try and fly solo, and you have a better chance in the long term. Baggs.

djm
11-04-07, 18:01
Sam, I am an alcoholic so can speak with some authority. I used booze for years and it worked, BUT there is a price to be paid - there is no such thing as a free lunch. You want a quick fix, booze will do it but it will also bite you on the bum. I give no advice, merely the alternatives - you stick to drinking to "fix" things and you may end up like me. You try and fly solo, and you have a better chance in the long term. Baggs.

Baggs,

I am pretty much in the same boat with alcohol. Out of interest, what do you mean by "you may end up like me" ? What was "the price to be paid" ?

Regards
Dave