PDA

View Full Version : potential triggers

helenhoo
20-12-16, 10:54
Cancer stories everywhere at the moment, its so morbid and its freaking me out. Either watching tv or someone knows someone or someone sharing things online. I had dreams where random people have cancer and last night half asleep i freaked out because dan looked like he had no hair while he was sleeping (he does)

---------- Post added at 10:54 ---------- Previous post was at 10:53 ----------

I worry its a sign of me or him :( it was dark and i coild jusy see his forehead

NoraB
20-12-16, 11:41
It's just your brain processing the thoughts you are having throughout the day. If you are worrying about people getting cancer, it's going to come out in your dreams. Try and stay off the news for a bit see if that helps. When you get the scary cancer thought, acknowledge it for what it is - a thought- and think of something that makes you smile.

MyNameIsTerry
20-12-16, 14:10
I would chalk seeing Dan with no hair down to the Hypnopompic issue, accept and forget it. None of us can ever know or guess at cancer, and guessing is only ever a hunch to prompt a visit to a GP. We aren't as good as dogs! :woof

Treat it like intrusive thoughts, they will continue to bother you if you react negatively to them or will lose their power over you if you don't.

helenhoo
20-12-16, 14:23
Thanks terry i didnt see him with no hair just looked that way from the angle. Even earlier radio 1 was talking about leukemia!

MyNameIsTerry
20-12-16, 14:36
Yeah, the media seems to have these ebbs & flows. It's like how EastEnders will run a storyline and then Corrie and Emmerdale run a very similar one. A modern phenomena in lazy TV people, I reckon.

Sometimes we can see a few articles close together and start to think it's everywhere when it's just 3 buses coming along at the same time. Like how people say it's all negative news, when there is lots of positive, it's just they aren't seeing it at that time.

Maybe it's because of Xmas too. This season is all about spending and donating. It's a double-edged sword as I greatly dislike animal cruelty and I'm going to be bombarded with TV ad campaigns on daytime TV. It doesn't mean it's different at this time of year in terms of abuse, just that they are working harder to get their messages out.