PDA

View Full Version : So terrified I have Lung Disease

Steve_73
20-12-16, 17:07
Hi everyone, Im new to the bored, first post

Ive never been diagnosed with Health Anxiety but I have had periods of depression and anxiety before.

I have a strange sensation when I breathe and have to clear my throat (which I believe is an anxiety symptom), I used to be a fairly heavy smoker 15 a day for about 17 years.
I had a similar feeling a few months ago and worked myself into a frenzy (Dr Google) went to the Dr's who took blood tests, an ECG and a chest x-ray and all came back clear.

For some reason I have started to feel them again, and again went to Dr Google :doh:, I initially had myself down for COPD, but then went the full gambit and started looking at the dreaded Lung C.
Now I'm convinced there is no way with my smoking past that I am not dying.
This is horrible, I feel like its taking over, its my first thought in the morning and any time I log online I end up searching for stuff.
Dont even feel like working or anything.

I have found this site so I hope you dont ming me posting my thoughts even for my own therapy?

Bigboyuk
20-12-16, 19:02
Hi Steve that's the trouble with Dr Google you type you symptoms and all sorts of answers are there not good eh. My advice is go back to your Dr with your concerns even though you have tests done it's worth talking to a qualified Dr and not some search engine :) Hey well done for stopping smoking for that many number of years, you should be proud of your self m8 :) Cheers

Sphincterclench
20-12-16, 19:09
dont google....it wont help

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e5/0f/39/e50f3990de222e89f19fe6499f36e656.jpg

bin tenn
20-12-16, 23:41
What is the "strange sensation" when you breathe? Like mucus is in the way, leading to throat clearing? If so, I experience that as well. I have for the past 10 years or so. Do you have GERD? That can cause similar symptoms, and I suspect it's the cause of mine as well.

Stecakes
20-12-16, 23:47
dont google....it wont help

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/e5/0f/39/e50f3990de222e89f19fe6499f36e656.jpg

PRICELESS ! :yesyes: