PDA

View Full Version : yet more anxiety

mazzywoo
10-04-07, 10:57
Hello everyone. Those of you who have read my posts before will know that we are having housing problems and this has exacerbated my anxiety levels which are now going through the roof. Last week we were told that we had been allocated a flat by a housing association and given that it was brand new and had all the carpets and kitchen appliances included, we were over the moon. Ever since February, these people have known that we have 3 cats (we kept asking if it was worth us going through the interviews and selection process because of the moggies maybe not being allowed in these flats) and, after saying we have definitely got the flat they then said we couldn't take our cats! How unbelievably cruel is that? Why the hell couldn't they have found out the pet policy before saying we had been given the flat! The reason we were on their list was partly coz of my anxiety problems which have, as I say, been made worse with having to even think of giving up our beloved pets. We have, of course been forced into rejecting the flat and will now have to wait till the local council offers us somewhere where we can take our mogs with us. Today, I am devastated and my husband, who isn't usually the 'nervy' type, is depressed by it all. If these people could see the stress that they have caused us maybe they would understand why I fired off an 'angry' letter to them!! Sorry for such a long post but I needed to get it off my chest before I explode-thanks for listening guys! Love, Maz

Reemy
10-04-07, 11:10
It wasn't a very long post, and you have every right to vent it out. What a horrible thing to happen. To get your hopes up and have them dashed. Sorry you and your husband had to go through that. I have quite the fur family, too, so I understand how that must have made you feel.

Best of luck in finding new housing. I hope it doesn't take too long, and that you get past the stress of this soon.

sarah1984
10-04-07, 18:11
Dear Maz,
I think you have every right to be fuming and to have fired off a letter of complaint. It was the housing association's responsibility to check the pet policy and there's no way they should have gone so far as to make you an offer and then withdraw it at the last moment because of their own stupidity. There's no way you should have to part with your cats-I know stroking and talking to my own cat was wonderfully therapeutic when I was ill with my anxiety. I'm sure there must be plenty of ha properties that accept pets and hope you get the decent apology and solution you deserve.

nomorepanic
10-04-07, 19:03
Maz

What a nightmare - I hope you get things sorted with the next place and the pet policy really does let you keep them!

mazzywoo
11-04-07, 06:52
Thank you all for your replies-I'm glad you feel as we do about pets! I even wondered if we were a bit too cat-loving and that the council will think we are 'cranks' for not giving them up. We just kept picturing how we'd feel putting them in their baskets and dumping them at a rescue centre-NO WAY could we have done that to them They are all such dear little things who have great personalities and we love them to bits. I would rather put Neil, my husband in a rescue centre (only joking-although all this housing stuff is putting a strain on our marriage and we are a bit snappy with each other!!). I hope that the council will find us a flat or bungalow soon - at least we know that they don't mind pets!! Thanks again for your support-I really appreciate all my buddies on this excellent website. PS I had a phone call from the manager of that housing association who rejected us and from what she said, they are going to tell someone off for the stress that we were caused so I feel that at least something is being done so that it doesn't happen to anyone else!!!!